Building an Entire Draft Board:Offensive Guard Rankings

Chaos

Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #27?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #27?

• O'Cyrus Torrence
    • Steve Avila
    • Andrew Vorhees
    • Emil Ekiyor Jr.
    • Anthony Bradford
    • None
  2. 2. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #59?

• O'Cyrus Torrence
    • Steve Avila
    • Andrew Vorhees
    • Emil Ekiyor Jr.
    • Anthony Bradford
    • None
  3. 3. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #91?

Based on NFL.com grades, NFL.com estimates 15  Guards will be selected in the draft. 5 of these players have grades suggesting they could be selected in the first four rounds. 

Based on PFF grades, PFF estimates 12 Guards will be selected in the draft. 2 of these players have rankings suggesting they could be selected in the first four rounds. 

The are ranked by NFL.com grade, and the ranking within PFF for WR's is shown in the right hand column.  This seems like a straightforward decision. If Avila or Torrence are available at 59, you take them, otherwise no guards in the first three rounds (McGovern signing makes sense)

NOTE : NONE is a choice in this poll.

image.thumb.png.3f20ed627428786cfd371dc7d29d6264.png

Edited by Chaos

Torrence and Avila are borderline 1st round picks that I could see go in the first.

Vorhees would've been nice in the third, but IMO the Bills will want a pick that can contribute this season.

Centers added to that list might've gotten some votes in the 2nd and 3rd, and they can always play Guard.

6 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Torrence and Avila are borderline 1st round picks that I could see go in the first.

Vorhees would've been nice in the third, but IMO the Bills will want a pick that can contribute this season.

Centers added to that list might've gotten some votes in the 2nd and 3rd, and they can always play Guard.

Will be treating centers in a separate thread

Basically, if they want a decent G, they will have to take Torrence or Avila late first or trade down into top third of 2nd.  I think that there will be some OTs drafted and moved to G like Mauch and maybe Bergeron, among others.  I don’t know that the C like Schmitz and Wypler could easily move to G, but maybe Tippman can.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/21/2023 at 9:54 AM, OldTimer1960 said:

Basically, if they want a decent G, they will have to take Torrence or Avila late first or trade down into top third of 2nd.  I think that there will be some OTs drafted and moved to G like Mauch and maybe Bergeron, among others.  I don’t know that the C like Schmitz and Wypler could easily move to G, but maybe Tippman can.

I like Tippman.  I would actually hope he could replace Morse this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I like Tippman.  I would actually hope he could replace Morse this year. 

Is he too tall to get leverage against 6’2” 330lb DTs?  I know he is highly regarded and Wisconsin produces some good OL…

Is Tippman a better bet than Mauch who probably could be a good OG if he can’t make it at OT or if Brown shows he can?

9 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Is he too tall to get leverage against 6’2” 330lb DTs?  I know he is highly regarded and Wisconsin produces some good OL…

Is Tippman a better bet than Mauch who probably could be a good OG if he can’t make it at OT or if Brown shows he can?

He is highly regarding as a technician, and he is easily the top athlete at center
He made Feldmans freak list coming into the season at #28

image.thumb.png.212622211986afc298e8de84f8477e98.png

and based on NFL Next Gen Stats, is the second best offensive lineman. 

image.thumb.png.d2dec24c6f99a15b4ac0d8bdfe72ea38.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.