The Biden Boom: Biden's Economy Has the Best Growth Record Since 1969

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Do I want my face to melt and  to drive on bubbling asphalt in May?  Nope.

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Do I want my face to melt and  to drive on bubbling asphalt in May?  Nope.

Isn’t it early to be hitting the sauce? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Like all things…this isn’t complicated

It's like you're setting me up...

In Mathematics, a differential equation is an equation with one or more derivatives of a function. The derivative of the function is given by dy/dx. In other words, it is defined as the equation that contains derivatives of one or more dependent variables with respect to one or more independent variables.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Isn’t it early to be hitting the sauce? 

aren't you in the pacific time zone, somewhere exotic?

8 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

In Mathematics, a differential equation is an equation with one or more derivatives of a function. The derivative of the function is given by dy/dx. In other words, it is defined as the equation that contains derivatives of one or more dependent variables with respect to one or more independent variables.

Multilinear regression analysis.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Hawk…I’m an architect. We took calculus! 

Back on topic. My house has been solar powered for almost twenty years, I drive an electric vehicle, and I live in the most temperate climate in America. What you got? What’ve you been doing? 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, redtail hawk said:

not even going to look that up.  it will make my head ache.

So long as you promise not to pretend you are an expert at reading climate charts while everyone else is too dense to comprehend them. We’ve seen where that leads. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hawk…I’m an architect. We took calculus! 

Back on topic. My house has been solar powered for almost twenty years, I drive an electric vehicle, and I live in the most temperate climate in America. What you got? What’ve you been doing? 

Lately, I've been staying home a lot.  We also don't drive all that much other than a few trips a year.  Pretty much everything we need is within 5 miles.  Priced solar but still doesn't pay for itself over my life expectancy.  Will replace my cars with electric when they die.  So why are you complaining that liberals are pushing green down everyone's throat.  We're not.  We just want to move at a reasonable rate in that direction.

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Lately, I've been staying home a lot.  We also don't drive all that much other than a few trips a year.  Pretty much everything we need is within 5 miles.  Priced solar but still doesn't pay for itself over my life expectancy.  Will replace my cars with electric when they die.  So why are you complaining that liberals are pushing green down everyone's throat.  We're not.  We just want to move at a reasonable rate in that direction.

I’m not complaining. What I said was that the Left isn’t willing to tell people what you’ve just admitted you already figured out…it’s expensive! And it’s going to require lots of sacrifices, such as not driving anywhere and not getting a new car. In short, a SIGNIFICANT lessening of their standard of living for all but folks like me who can afford it. Get it? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Priced solar but still doesn't pay for itself over my life expectancy.

Is it the case that you support green initiatives only if you are to profit or at least break even from them? What about the greater good? That doesn’t sound very progressive. Kind of limousine liberal-ish. But not surprising in the least. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Is it the case that you support green initiatives only if you are to profit or at least break even from them? What about the greater good? That doesn’t sound very progressive. Kind of limousine liberal-ish. But not surprising in the least. 

I'll support any "green" initiative that might polute less but it also needs to be cheaper, more reliable, and more efficient than fossil fuels.  

Over the course of history those three criteria have correlated to progress in the human condition.  

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

i fully agree with all pro except that I would accept "near" equal in cost and reliability.  Do you think All pro is a limousine lib?

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hawk…I’m an architect

I've never got to ask a 2nd architecture opinion.  We had a modern home (glass, steel, wood beams nano wall, pool - you get the picture) designed and told the architect the budget.  He designed an amazing thing that was quoted at twice the budget by 2 contractors (we were also going to do geothermal).  Is there an ethics code in architecture that should kick in?  of course we didn't build it and then bought and fully renovated a cape cod (believe it or not it is very modern inside and mountain lodge like outside like). so we ate the architect fees.

Edited by redtail hawk

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

i fully agree with all pro except that I would accept "near" equal in cost and reliability.  Do you think All pro is a limousine lib?

I've never got to ask a 2nd architecture opinion.  We had a modern home (glass, steel, wood beams nano wall, pool - you get the picture) designed and told the architect the budget.  He designed an amazing thing that was quoted at twice the budget by 2 contractors (we were also going to do geothermal).  Is there an ethics code in architecture that should kick in?  of course we didn't build it an fully renovated a cape cod (believe it or not it is very modern inside) so we ate the architect fees.

Sounds really nice! Solar not paying off in your life expectancy seems an interesting line to draw for someone of your means. Especially when it would be for the greater good. Stupid and selfish?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Sounds really nice! Solar not paying off in your life expectancy seems an interesting line to draw for someone of your means. Especially when it would be for the greater good. Stupid and selfish?

I pay plenty of taxes.  If they legislate green I'll gladly follow.  Until then, I can rationalize my not jumping in as incentivizing energy scientists to do better.  I'm not sure the oil companies are amped up enough for it.

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

I pay plenty of taxes.  If they legislate green I'll gladly follow.  Until then, I can rationalize my not jumping in as incentivizing energy scientists to do better.  I'm not sure the oil companies are amped up enough for it.

You are adept at rationalizing I’ll give you that much. Whether it be green tech or using racial slurs you have it covered. 

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

So long as you promise not to pretend you are an expert at reading climate charts while everyone else is too dense to comprehend them. We’ve seen where that leads. 

It occurs to me that I admitted my mistake immediately on realization.  I could have argued it effectively knowing I was wrong.  Sound familiar?

40 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I've never got to ask a 2nd architecture opinion.  We had a modern home (glass, steel, wood beams nano wall, pool - you get the picture) designed and told the architect the budget.  He designed an amazing thing that was quoted at twice the budget by 2 contractors (we were also going to do geothermal).  Is there an ethics code in architecture that should kick in?  of course we didn't build it and then bought and fully renovated a cape cod (believe it or not it is very modern inside and mountain lodge like outside like). so we ate the architect fees.

Your contract with the architect should have included a clause that they had to redesign the home at no cost to you should the home be quoted at 10% more than their initial estimate. That would have at least given you someplace to start. 

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Your contract with the architect should have included a clause that they had to redesign the home at no cost to you should the home be quoted at 10% more than their initial estimate. That would have at least given you someplace to start. 

Yeah, we picked the guy because he designed an amazing renovation for our church.  Very artistic and clever.  But I guess not practical.  I have a golf buddy who runs a building supply store in town.  He came to a meeting late in the process and said no way anyone can do this for your budget.  Should have insisted on the !10% thing but things worked out.  This place was way less to buy and renovate without an architect.  made a little on the land.  otherwise I'd still prob be working.  I honestly think the architect just thought "they'll just do it to have this amazing place".  I don't think that's ethical and he should have gotten to know me better before designing.

Edited by redtail hawk

9 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Yeah, we picked the guy because he designed an amazing renovation for our church.  Very artistic and clever.  But I guess not practical.  I have a golf buddy who runs a building supply store in town.  He came to a meeting late in the process and said no way anyone can do this for your budget.  Should have insisted on the !10% thing but things worked out.  This place was way less to buy and renovate without an architect.  made a little on the land.  otherwise I'd still prob be working.  I honestly think the architect just thought "they'll just do it to have this amazing place".  I don't think that's ethical and he should have gotten to know me better before designing.

I never worked that way, but I designed much, much larger projects with and for experienced clients. I’m sorry you had a bad experience, but happy you got a home you appreciate. If you haven’t already you should watch the Netflix series on Extraordinary Homes. It features some high end design by serious architects. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I never worked that way, but I designed much, much larger projects with and for experienced clients. I’m sorry you had a bad experience, but happy you got a home you appreciate. If you haven’t already you should watch the Netflix series on Extraordinary Homes. It features some high end design by serious architects. 

Yeah, probably skip that one.  My wife is still pissed we didn't build it.

• Haha (+1) 1