WRs and OL/OG

Milanos Milano

Honestly while do do think WR is a need, I still think that Gabe Davis is going to become the player he was in LAST season's playoffs....  plus Shakir is going to be a major impact player next season IMO.  With those 3, we're pretty good.  Now if a WR that's ranked high falls to us in the first, you have to take him, but I'd prefer interior O-line there.

Also, what about SAFETY?  Our starters are both on the wrong side of 30 next season.

Should we be talking about Alabama's Brian Branch or Texas AM Antonio Johnson as options?

Arguably a bigger need than WR (assuming Gates/Shakir work out the way I think they can)?

Who remember Chris Givens? He was a Wake Forest product, ran a 4.41 and had 1,350 yards of production. Was drafted in the 4th round. It’s another reason why I’m hesitant to pull the trigger on AT Perry. It’s just not worth the risk and waste of draft pick. Same with the NC state and NC WRs. Just not worth it. 

2 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Honestly while do do think WR is a need, I still think that Gabe Davis is going to become the player he was in LAST season's playoffs....  plus Shakir is going to be a major impact player next season IMO.  With those 3, we're pretty good.  Now if a WR that's ranked high falls to us in the first, you have to take him, but I'd prefer interior O-line there.

Also, what about SAFETY?  Our starters are both on the wrong side of 30 next season.

Should we be talking about Alabama's Brian Branch or Texas AM Antonio Johnson as options?

Arguably a bigger need than WR (assuming Gates/Shakir work out the way I think they can)?

Gabe came from UCF. The statistics are not in his favor. It’s less than a 10% rate that a non traditional conference powerhouse team yields a NFL star WR. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

There area handful of teams within the power conferences that I stay away from generally as well for WRs. BC is on that list. Nothing good comes from teams like NC State, Duke, NC, BC, Vandy, ILL, NW, Indiana, Purdue, Louisville, WV, Kansas, Kstate, Baylor, Stanford, Nebraska, Colorado, etc. I have yet to see WRs pan out from these locations 

You could probably do that with a number of teams in college. Just because Alabama, Ohio St., and LSU have had a decent recent run doesn't mean they haven't had their fair share of flops. To categorize someone like that is foolish. On a side note though, Flowers IS that dude. ;)

Please God for once draft someone with SIZE.  I’ve been screaming for someone with SIZE for DECADES.  

the pick for EJ Manual was so clearly Mike Evans(not Watkins).  A HuUGE target to jump and catch poorly thrown balls.  

Imagine Allen lofting up deep balls after scrambling to a freak like Evans!!!

that’s why I wanted DK Metcalf when he fell into the 2nd.  That dude was a FREAK.  Allen to Metcalf for the 60 yard bomb, like fish in a bucket. 

but I’m sure we will draft another little guy to play the role of “can’t catch contested balls”

Edited by peterpan

1 minute ago, H2o said:

You could probably do that with a number of teams in college. Just because Alabama, Ohio St., and LSU have had a decent recent run doesn't mean they haven't had their fair share of flops. To categorize someone like that is foolish. On a side note though, Flowers IS that dude. ;)

Not since 2010. Which is really all that is relevant given the modernity of the NFL now. Generally receivers that played in power university that ran a sub 4.4 and put up production (1,000 yards+) went on to have good NFL careers. 

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

Please God for once draft someone with SIZE.  I’ve been screaming for someone with SIZE for DECADES.  

the puck with EJ Manual was so clearly Mike Evans.  A HuUGE target to jump and catch poorly thrown balls.  

Imagine Allen lifting up deep balls after scrambling to a freak like Evans!!!

that’s why I wanted DK Metcalf when he fell into the 2nd.  That dude was a FREAK.  Allen to Metcalf for the 60 yard bomb, like fish in a bucket. 

but I’m sure we will draft another little guy to play the role of “can’t catch contested balls”

There is no freak WR with speed in this years draft. Not one with college production in a major university. 

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Not since 2010. Which is really all that is relevant given the modernity of the NFL now. Generally receivers that played in power university that ran a sub 4.4 and put up production (1,000 yards+) went on to have good NFL careers. 

Courtland Sutton, Devante Adams, Cooper Kupp, Dionte Johnson, Christian Watson started to really come on this year even as a rookie. Your logic is flawed

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

Courtland Sutton, Devante Adams, Cooper Kupp, Dionte Johnson, Christian Watson started to really come on this year even as a rookie. Your logic is flawed

Sutton is SMU, which I already said gets a pass. Those other guys are like a rare handful out of a sea of hundreds. 

If Marvin Harrison Jr. even received 75% of the skill of his father, it would be worth the draft pick. 

24 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Sutton is SMU, which I already said gets a pass. Those other guys are like a rare handful out of a sea of hundreds. 

If Marvin Harrison Jr. even received 75% of the skill of his father, it would be worth the draft pick. 

Harrison is only a Sophomore. All elite players are a rare handful out of the sea of hundreds. Your logic is flawed. Zay Flowers IS that dude. ;)

Oh, and Stef is from Maryland. Adam Thielen from Minnesota St. Edelman from Kent St. 

Edited by H2o

55 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Who remember Chris Givens? He was a Wake Forest product, ran a 4.41 and had 1,350 yards of production. Was drafted in the 4th round. It’s another reason why I’m hesitant to pull the trigger on AT Perry. It’s just not worth the risk and waste of draft pick. Same with the NC state and NC WRs. Just not worth it. 

Gabe came from UCF. The statistics are not in his favor. It’s less than a 10% rate that a non traditional conference powerhouse team yields a NFL star WR. 

Respectfully, I'll look at his time in the NFL.  He's proven that he can be dominant.  I'm not sure what happened but I hope it turns around.

Just now, Yantha said:

Respectfully, I'll look at his time in the NFL.  He's proven that he can be dominant.  I'm not sure what happened but I hope it turns around.

That said I don't disagree with you about potential round 1 target WR, IF the right player drops.  I would not reach though.

17 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Seeming how this is our biggest needs, give me your list of prospects you would like the Bills to draft. Here are some of my picks that I like. 

Jordan Addison  6’ 0”  174lbs     4.51 

Zay Flowers    5’ 10”    172lbs       4.37 

Jalin Hyatt    6’ 0”     185lbs        4.31 

Rashee Rice  6’ 2”     203lbs       4.36 

Nathaniel Dell   5’ 10”   165lbs     4.43 

My 3 personal favorites are Flowers, Hyatt and Rice. I hope we can double dip at WR this year. A lot of speed is available and Dell is the greatest separator I’ve seen in years, but sadly I don’t know how his size will hold up. 

Steve Avila     6’ 4”   330lbs 

Andrew Vorhees  6’ 6”  325lbs 

Atonio Mafi   6’ 4”    339lbs 

I went with day 2-3   IOL because I would like to see us go back to back WR/WR seeming how the draft is very top heavy for wideouts this year. 

If we came out of the draft with Flowers, Hyatt, Avila, and Vorhees I would be very very happy. 

They better find some good players, a couple of real troopers or else we'll send Beane running for the hills. Whatever they do just don't sign anymore wicker men that'll break on impact. They might take the trade wire down to two minutes to midnight and swing for a big time player. They've really gotta stop the evil that Mahomes can do. Can't have a fear of the dark, gotta get some OL so Cook and Hines can start running free. Another QB prowler like Von would be aces...high! I'm no clairvoyant but they gotta soar where eagles dare if they wanna win. There'll be no prayers for the losing! Finally, let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast... For it is a human number... It's number is seventeen!

...I'll uh, I'll see myself out now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Just don’t draft a height, speed guy. Make sure it’s somebody with production.

I listed all the SEC WRs that have speed plus production. Hyatt is in great company. 

45 minutes ago, Yantha said:

That said I don't disagree with you about potential round 1 target WR, IF the right player drops.  I would not reach though.

Given where Jalin Hyatt type players went in the draft, if he is there at #27 , he should be the pick. I listed all SEC players with production plus sub 4.4  40 times and Hyatt joins the list of great WRs. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.