5 years and one glaring weakness remains the same…..

BillMafia716ix

2 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

The thing that really puzzles me is that McDermott and Beane have been here 5 years now and still haven’t developed a running game!! You have to run the football and keeep defenses honest. It opens up everything when you can run the football. 

We don’t need to throw money at WR. We need to Invest in the offensive line and show a commitment to running the ball!! We have a RB in Devin Singletary who has career average of 4.7 yards a carry and I feel like his entire tenure here was wasted. Now they about to let him walk out the door and promote James Cook who quite frankly too me is not a 3 down RB. 

Find an offensive coordinator who can develop a running game and the production of guys like Gabe Davis, Shakir, Knox will increase. It shame that we have a team that plays in the cold and we can’t run the football. 

..................and I would add our defense against the run isn't very good either.  Just like back in the early 90's when the team was decent. 

21 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

tell me. how many third and shorts has JA made on his own, and compare that with any other top 10 qb.. How many third and 7's did JA scramble cause he was running for his life to keep the ball in his hands? now take 50% of those away and lets see where our 3rd down % is

perspective

I don’t know, you tell me. They’re the best 3 rd and medium also. I don’t know if they’re the best 3rd and short.

I know Josh makes something out of nothing at times but so does Mahomes. 

Basically you’re saying we’re number 1 because of Josh. By the way we were never this good under Daboll. We were great, 2nd and 4th the last 2 years, but better in 2022.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Because I watched Breece Hall have a pretty amazing start to the season behind a God awful offensive line.  

I swear.  Fans have totally forgotten what a legit RB looks like.  

But it does not fix the Bills issues because we had Crowder and Cook both capable of being receiving options out of the backfield  and we didn't utilize them. Heck didn't even design plays specifically for that skill set.

Breece Hall would of not fixed our issues IMO, maybe he covers them up a little bit but the underlying problem would still be overall O scheme.

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Who was Patrick Mahomes RB in college when he was putting up 500 yards a game? The answer is who cares! The passing offense can be an extension of the running game. What's the difference between a handoff and a dump off to a wide open RB in the flat? Running is overrated and when the Bills do it and gain 1-2 yards it's like why even bother when that just means you have 1 less opportunity to complete a pass. Running game need is overrated 

Look at the 4 teams that are left. Look at their offensive lines and tell me the Bills oline is as good as theirs.  Not even close.  To hell with running the ball.  How about protecting Allen and giving him time to set his feet right and finding an open receiver?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.