7-3 (so far) in 2022 vs. 2-6 in 2021

BillsFan619

9 hours ago, TBBills said:

Ask any other team int he NFL to go through what this yeam has and maybe a handful would have been able to handle it. 3 games in 11 days, storm of the century, followed by storm of the century part 2.

Good thoughts!

That’s what makes our 12-3 record look even better. That, and the competition we’ve played against.

12-3 is very impressive for what we’ve been through from injuries to adversity.

Being battle tested like this will be an advantage for our SB run.

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

Thanks for this stat. A positive evolution for this team, no doubt about it.

I forget who originally said it on Twitter, but I find it very true: The only team that has really convincingly beaten the Buffalo Bills this season is the Bills themselves. All three games they lost were due to boneheaded errors. It can be reasonably argued that they were in position to win -- and should've won -- all three games, but for the self-inflicted wounds that cost them the victories.

Not one opponent this year, not one single opponent, has straight up outclassed the Bills and been the undeniably better team. Three losses by a combined eight points, and all three are games they arguably should have won.

On the one hand, if they CONTINUE to make these mistakes and self-inflicted errors in the playoffs, they're not gonna win a title. On the other hand, it seems like the Bills' "A game" is better than any other teams' "A game".

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe this year’s focus needs to be getting their heads out of their @$$es earlier in the game.  To be down in 10 games is an indicator your defense gave up points early and often because the O was on fire the first drive for the early part of the year.

16 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Bills record speaks for itself but I really wish they didn’t have to come from behind as often as they have. The team has come out flat in many recent weeks. I’m assuming they’re not doing it just so they can get practice at overcoming adversity! (Kidding) 

I'm sure they aren't doing it deliberately but no reason they can't use it as and treat it as practice and they have gotten it down well enough it's not a big deal.  I used to bowl alot and I'd always check what I needed from like the 6th frame on to have a game 200+.  It used to drive me teammates crazy, but that year I improved my average like 20 some points and I won 1st in the state WiBC tourney that year in FL.  I practiced under pressure to get used to it and it did work well for me.  Any good coach should use that to reinforce never giving up and following up a bad play with a good.  Much like Allen's first season where it seemed like Allen had a ton of tds nullified by penalties yet he would keep scoring tds after the penalties and just demoralized the other teams that you almost wanted to see them take a penalty so it was not an easy 3rd and goal from the 1.  

I almost feel like McDermott and Frazier are okay just playing the most vanilla base nickel possible during the first drive while the opponent picks it apart before unveiling their grand defensive plans from that point forward.  Like the D is playing possum and gathering Intel for the later rounds of the fight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.