50 years ago today, the final game at The Rockpile

JÂy RÛßeÒ

23 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Yes but I was 15 years old. I had a paper route which paid for the ticket. At the time you had to go down to the ticket office on Main Street to renew your season ticket.

Another wasted 25 cents

I thought it was in the lobby of the Statler Hilton?

22 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I've been to 281 NFL games including 264 Bills games.  I have 2 big regrets as a football fan.

1) I never went to a Bills game at the Rockpile (I once went to a Bisons game there in the early 1980s).  I was in Fredonia the final 2 seasons of the Rockpile. The reason was I had heard how bad the area was & was afraid my new car wouldn't make it out alive.  In 1978 I worked the Erie County reval and spent about a month working in the neighborhood and saw how stupid my fears were.  

2) I lived only about 50-60 miles from the Meadowlands in 1985 and didn't go to the final USFL game.  I just didn't want to drive to NJ on a rainy day & have always regretted not going to that historic final USFL championship game.  

I went to a bunch. I was a Stars fan.

12 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The one memory that sticks out other than The Hut Heard Round The Wold was seeing guys carry cases of Genny into the Rockpile, and drink them all during the game.

Kegs too.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.