TBN's Jim Kubiak has been abducted by aliens and replaced by a replicant. Prove me wrong.

Beck Water

11 minutes ago, JoshBarnett said:

Can confirm that Jim is still Jim, at least when I talked to him Saturday! No aliens detected. 

But if the real Jim Kubiak was kidnapped by aliens and replaced by a replicant how would you know?  

The differences could be subtle - like praising a play where Allen got his man-parts drilled and his and said afterwards “we need to be smarter” about it, maybe?

ARE YOU SURE?

Edited by Beck Water

On 12/6/2022 at 11:03 AM, Beck Water said:

Always enjoy Kubiak's analysis and his grading system, which is based on "do your job on each play" and doesn't get swayed by the ooohs and aaaahs.

He started out a critic of Josh, then started seeing more and more good plays.  I think he's been a fan for a while now.

Writes a great piece where he breaks down plays and explains why it works and such - always a good read, especially online where the film clips and diagrams show up well.  But he's usually critical of Josh not getting down when he runs, taking unnecessary hits, etc.

Now, I think he's been abducted by aliens and replaced by a replicant.  Prove Me Wrong @JoshBarnett

I don't have a problem with the run play call per-se.  But Allen doesn't just "jump into a pile of defenders", he goes up as though he's trying to hurdle Devin McCourty and friends in a QB sneak type play.  And in slow mo it doesn't look so bad, but Allen gets hit hard in the head by defenders running to the pile, hard enough that I thought he might get pulled and sent to the "blue tent of doom" by the INC. 

It was 2nd and 8.  If Josh didn't go up over the defenders, he wouldn't have gotten the first down, but he would have made it 3rd and short, 3rd and 2 maybe if he trucks McCourty a little.  And he wouldn't have gotten a "line drive up the middle" from Devin McCourty's helmet or his head snapped forward by Myles Bryant.

OK, it's still a fine analysis, worth reading IMO.  But that play makes me wince every time I see it, so while I agree it was a well designed play called at a good time, I can't believe Kubiak didn't have anything critical to say about Josh choosing to go up in the air like that.  Even Allen said "he's got to make better decisions than that, that one hurt" in the post-game show.

PS for those who don't think it's fair to criticize Davis for not running the same route as well as Diggs did, there's a good explanation why this is a route that really has to be "sold" to the DB and that makes all the difference.  Davis is capable of making that sale - differently than Diggs, but same result - but for whatever reason he didn't/couldn't.

Yeh that and Davis is one of the worst number 2 receivers in the league doesn’t help. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.