VCR Alert - Meet The Press - May 22, 2005

Dean says what he thinks. That wouldn't be a problem except he's not much of a thinker.

It's quite humorous that they are concerned about their new leader appearing publically or speaking in an extemporaneous manner. It speaks once again to the amazing lack of competence at the highest level of the party - especially when considering that Nancy Pelosi was sent in as one of the voices of "reason." Ha.

Dean says what he thinks.  That wouldn't be a problem except he's not much of a thinker.

It's quite humorous that they are concerned about their new leader appearing publically or speaking in an extemporaneous manner.  It speaks once again to the amazing lack of competence at the highest level of the party - especially when considering that Nancy Pelosi was sent in as one of the voices of "reason."  Ha.

340295[/snapback]

I've read some compelling arguments from Dems on why they think Dean was a good choice. That said, I'm surprised they went with someone that far to the left given that the country is in a conservative cycle.

I've read some compelling arguments from Dems on why they think Dean was a good choice.  That said, I'm surprised they went with someone that far to the left given that the country is in a conservative cycle.

340362[/snapback]

I think he's portrayed as more left than his record as governor indicated. And the head of a political party is selected more for their fundraising abilities and energizing the base than what their views on particular issues are. The first target is next year's Congressional races.

I've read some compelling arguments from Dems on why they think Dean was a good choice.  That said, I'm surprised they went with someone that far to the left given that the country is in a conservative cycle.

340362[/snapback]

I think the DNC is banking on the idea that America is not really as conservative as the last election seemed to indicate. Kerry, whatever one thinks of him, like most politicians who lose an election, try to make themselves appear more like the front runner than they really are. So, in effect, you not only turn off your own party, by calling your credibility into question, but you don't really offer voters any real alternative. If things continue the way the are, the polarization of the two parties will become evident. Bush threatening to veto any bill calling for public funding of embyonic stell stem research is the kind of thing that could magnifying things. Dean, as much of a liberal lunatic as the Republicans are painting him out to be, is not even all that radical.

Dr. Dean's History Lesson :doh:

"But the thing that really bothered me the most, which the 9-11 Commission said also wasn't true, is the insinuation that the president continues to make to this day that Osama bin Laden had something to do with supporting terrorists that attacked the United States. That is false. The 9-11 Commission, chaired by a Republican, said it was false."

DNC chairman Howard Dean on Meet the Press (May 22, 2005).

MSNBC

Dr. Dean's History Lesson  :doh:

"But the thing that really bothered me the most, which the 9-11 Commission said also wasn't true, is the insinuation that the president continues to make to this day that Osama bin Laden had something to do with supporting terrorists that attacked the United States. That is false. The 9-11 Commission, chaired by a Republican, said it was false."

MSNBC

342441[/snapback]

It took me all of ten seconds to open the 9/11 commission report to a random page and find:

"During the summer and early autumn of 2000, Bin Laden [sic] and senior al Qaeda leaders in Afghanistan started selecting the muscle hijackers [...]"

What 9/11 Commission is Dean talking about? :D

Dr. Dean's History Lesson  :doh:

MSNBC

342441[/snapback]

I saw that, I am sure he meant to say Saddam Hussein.

He blew it.