Quarter Pole: Unexpected Results Around the League

EmotionallyUnstable

I mean the big takeaway for me still has to be that we don't quite know who anybody is and that the lack of preseason creates a really sloppy product early in the year.

I mean the early point differentials are showing us to the top teams in the AFC are who we expected to see. Buffalo, Kansas City, Cincinnati, and Baltimore are four of the top five. The 15th of the equation is Jacksonville, and they have the second best differential right now.

With Buffalo, I definitely see the top team in the AFC in the early going considering they have the highest point differential and have played a pretty hard schedule so far. After Buffalo plays Green Bay in 3 weeks, the schedule is going to get super light and they are going to jump off the page. This year is really just going to be a matter of finishing the job in the postseason.

AFC North and AFC West still look like the two divisions in the conference that are going to be really tough and competitive. East divisions will beat each other up and you'll have teams there that are a little bit better than the record probably. 

In the NFC the rams look almost as bad as the commanders do right now. The top teams look to be San Francisco, Tampa Bay and of course Philadelphia. NFC East in general outside of Washington looks like it may have some improving teams there.

Geno. 

Although maybe as I reflect I should be less surprised than I am? Geno's issue was never arm, it was never accuracy. It was maturity and decision making. He was the among the worst decision makers I had ever seen play Quarterback. Age 31, and having started 5 games in 8 years, maybe something has clicked? Or maybe it is just an early season anomaly aided by a weaker schedule? We will soon find out. 

20 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

In the NFC the rams look almost as bad as the commanders do right now. The top teams look to be San Francisco, Tampa Bay and of course Philadelphia. NFC East in general outside of Washington looks like it may have some improving teams there.

I still think the Vikings are in the mix too. There one loss was in Philadelphia and there are still a LOT of wins left on their schedule. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.