You have got to be joking!!!

Bye-Bye 92.5 The Jack........OFF!!!!!!

What a joke!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm listening to Don and Mike right now. The first half hour is all calls from Buffalo about the crap on now. They said it is still on in Rochester.

All that stuff now is total crap. Give me 97 Rock with Snortin Norton playing Zep, etc.

The station in SF rplaced them with "pod casting"- people sending in hour long tapes of themselves being DJs. It is that and financial infomercials. At least the Sacramento station that carries them comes in nice and strong here.

I'm listening to Don and Mike right now.  The first half hour is all calls from Buffalo about the crap on now.  They said it is still on in Rochester.

All that stuff now is total crap. Give me 97 Rock with Snortin Norton playing Zep, etc.

The station in SF rplaced them with "pod casting"- people sending in hour long tapes of themselves being DJs. It is that and financial infomercials. At least the Sacramento station that carries them comes in nice and strong here.

337721[/snapback]

I wonder if you can listen to the Don + Mike show via the web...

I know they have the previous days highlights up, but I am not sure about real time...

In the early 70's WBUF was the the big "head" station. I remember the Program Director getting arrested for barricading himself in the station or something crazy like that.

337701[/snapback]

No, I think that was an episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati".

:D

Mike

:D Wait 6 months...they'll be changing into whatever the next fad radio format is. 92.9 has been the frequency of DOOM in Buffalo since they days of Bob Allen and Franklin's Furnace. The problem is they never let anything last long enough to establish itself. If it's not #1 the first rating book, they are ready to chuck it! It's what's wrong with most of the radio industry.

PTR

:D Wait 6 months...they'll be changing into whatever the next fad radio format is.  92.9 has been the frequency of DOOM in Buffalo since they days of Bob Allen and Franklin's Furnace.  The problem is they never let anything last long enough to establish itself.  If it's not #1 the first rating book, they are ready to chuck it!  It's what's wrong with most of the radio industry.

PTR

337880[/snapback]

So exactly how long DID "Buffalo's Best Talk" last, anyway? Three months? Six?

No he's right. The guy was mad about something and took over the broadcast and was broadcasting from a remote tower location. I don't remember the details but I remember listining to it live.

I always listened to them when it was called,WBUF Buffalos ROCK station. WTH did they have to switch to all-talk??? Leave the talk shows on AM stations. I always preferred them over 97 Rock and have been since listening to 103.3 The Edge. I may tune into the new one tomorrow at work to see what its like.

Wasn't it only two weeks ago that Don and Mike were trashing all the Jack and Bob stations popping up around the country?? Now they've been replaced by one in Buffalo :doh::doh: The program directors like to say that Jack FM is like "listening to your iPod". Well guess what...I HAVE A FRIGGIN IPOD. At 3:00 I want to listen to Don and Mike, not "Call Me" by Blondie followed up by Mellencamp's "Little Pink Houses". Wow, what an original idea...play all sorts of random songs that you can hear on every other radio station.

I am bitter about losing D&M. :D

I have listened to the new format for about 4-5 hours between today/yesterday ( excluding Howard ).

So far the music is VERY bland - Top 40 from the past few decades - Everything is in the middle of the music spectrum. No hard metal, "classic" rock, no rap, not much dance, mostly just pop.

I can't get over that they took off the Don and Mike show...I am stunned...

Wease has been going down hill over the last five years. I never understood them getting introduced in another market when there are four other morning shows here that I think are better (Rochester).

As far as Don & Mike, I enjoyed them for a couple years but now they just irriate me. Like Jim Rome. I do a lot of driving in my job so I may just have gotten sick of them.

337571[/snapback]

Congrats on your 3000th post and I bow down to your siggie!

:doh:

They recently changed the only dance hits station in Boston to this format. They call it MIKE FM, and it was done without warning. It ticked off the fans of the station, and they got alot of angry calls.

Some genius came up with the idea that this format would have something to please everyone, but it pleases no one. It's mediocre music from every genre.

One of the marketing geniuses compared it to the popularity of an iPod shuffle.

Guess what? If someone likes listening to an iPod shuffle, they aren't listening to the radio. @ssclowns.

It's an excuse to replace DJs with prerecorded pap.

Gotta go satellite for good radio these days. That gives you the variety you need, country, punk, rap, Folk, it's all there. Classical and opera, R&B and Funk. It's impressive. Not only that, but for road trips, no more channel surfing. I like XM myself.

THANK GOD the wheeze show from Rochester is gone.  That was the WORST show I have ever listened to....For the past 2 months its been nothing but how this guy has struggled getting over cancer, how bad the treatments are, ect.  I guess this guy is big in Rochester???....Not what I want to listen to..

337497[/snapback]

i can't stand the guy or the show...i dunno why he's big here but it seems like his co-hosts lick his nuts whenever he shifts them into view...the guy's obnoxious, pompous and seriously runs one horribly uninteresting show