Josh Reed

Sam Aiken

Ryan Neufeld

Ben Sobieski

Justin Bannan

Rian Lindell

Shaud Williams

Explanations:

William Green? - Cleveland does not like him. He has done little for them in the starting role. He is a talented back who would do well surrounded by quality players that do not exist there. With newly signed Reuben Droughns and Lee Suggs on the roster, William Green will be released. ReShard Lee will do well on special teams and as a reserve RB, but Green would flourish as Willis' "change of pace" compliment. Rookie Lionel Gates will be a project and will sit a year on the taxi squad.

WR's - Moulds and Evans are amazing WR's. Jonathan Smith did nothing but produce in his rookie year and I don't understand why everyone thinks he will be released after one year. The argument of "Parrish and Evans our are speed recievers, thus making "Fast Freddie" obsolete" is ridiculous! So what he's fast too? I didn't realize this was bad; as a matter of fact I was under the assumption that it was a good thing! Josh Reed and Sam Aiken were the WR's who were not performing. Aiken has little speed and has only proven is that he can drop a ball. They will both be shown the door in favor of Roscoe Parrish and undrafted free agent, Tony Brown; with whom Tyke Tolbert seems to be high on.

Staying put with our OL - We couldn't re-sign Jonas. Even if TD actively pursued it, there's no way we'd pay him the amount San Fran paid for him. I don't think there's a member on this board that would agree with what they paid. Mike Gandy is the tackle we signed. He's a pretty big downgrade from Jonas. I agree with everyone who is freaking out; stating that "We MUST sign a LT!". Unfortunately, there isn't anybody out there who is any better than what we already have. The argument of "wait until someone get's cut" is pretty naive. Who is going to get cut? Kenyatta Walker? He's a good Right Tackle, but I don't see him as much of an upgrade from Gandy at Left. What team is going to cut loose a good LT? No one. McNally is high on Gandy and seems to think if he's healthy, he's a damn good tackle. Bennie Anderson is a big upgrade from Lawrence Smith. So you take the upgrade at LG, combine it with a mobile QB, and Gandy should do just fine. Especially with McNally coaching.

Staying put with our TE's - From what i've been reading, Everett's tear wasn't bad. A clean tear on one ligament and we could have him back by mid-season. When Campbell's on top of his game, he's a very good TE. Tim Euhus has shown moments of glory as well. I see no reason why they won't be ready by the start of the season. Take those two and set Peters up as the H-Back at times and we'll have no need to get another TE. Especially if there's a possibility that Kevin will be back.

Corey Simon? - This is probably the biggest reach of the whole thing. But it's been rumored by a few people and sites, and I don't see why it's so far fetched. Especially if you figure that TD's sitting on around $6 mil in cap figures and there's no LT available worth breaking the bank on or a 1st round pick to sign. Tim Anderson may be ready very soon. But I don't see him being able to step in and fill Pat Williams shoes in one year with little playing time. Not to mention, Sam Adams won't be here for very long. He's entering his 12th season in the league and his contract will be up in 2007. The Eagles have already replaced Corey Simon by drafting Mike Patterson in the first round. They've made it no secret that they are looking to ship their franchise player. They've also made it no secret that they want Travis. Simon isn't getting many bites from suitors. Teams aren't willing to give up much of anything for him. Especially since he won't come cheap and everyone knows that Phili MUST get rid of him. I think we should give them Travis and a 4th or 5th rounder next year for him. This way we'll have our "upgrades" on offense and not miss a beat on defense.

Matt Payne? - It's been reported pretty much everywhere that Matt Payne will be signing with Buffalo very soon. Can he do much worse than Lindell? I think not. With us pursuing Doug Brien last week, pursuing Payne, and already having 3 kickers on the roster; Lindell is as good as gone. And I couldn't be happier!

So what does everyone think? I don't think anything's really that unrealistic. I'd be happy with this team going into the opener. Give me feedback!

Looks like a good scenario. I don't think Simon would be fitted in, though. I would like them to pick up a practice squad LB prospect, and if they get a good lead in a game, try to work Haggen/Stamer/Crowell into some lengthy game time for evaluation.

Did you cut Shaud Williams?  Or put him on the practice squad?

337367[/snapback]

Oh, I cut him :blink:

Sorry about that, I didn't put him down. I liked Shaud Williams. But with Buffalo drafting Gates, signing Lee, and openly stating that they want a veteran backup; I just figured he'd be shown the door.

Nothing personal BillsFans but I hope you're wrong. Shaud did a nice job last year and I'd like to see him get a shot at backing up Willis or maybe as a situational 3rd down back. I realize its probably a luxury to take up a roster spot for him, esp. if you're right and the Bills get Green.

Okay how about Eddie George, Dorsey Levens, or Garrison Hearst? Combined age of a million and skill vanishing by the second :blink:

337383[/snapback]

None of them are real high on my FFL list, either....

Just keep in mind, Green already has a four-game suspension on his record. Next time = full season. And given Green's track record at BC and in Cleveland, I wouldn't bet against there being a next time.

But hey, that's just my opinion....

Okay how about Eddie George, Dorsey Levens, or Garrison Hearst? Combined age of a million and skill vanishing by the second :blink:

337383[/snapback]

Green has talent. Some mental problems, but most fans forgive that if a player performs well enough in a different situation. On one hand, one might feel that getting out of the zoo that the former coach/gm Butch Davis created would be a positive, against the fact that his wife felt the need to stab him.

Who knows? :D

A few observations:

William Green is the kind of guy - because of character issues - we will never knowingly sign. Who needs the problems?

Fast Freddie Smith isn't very fast, and is a very unpolished receiver. He's a good punt returner, but Parrish will be better and Freddie will be gone. Tony Brown is training camp fodder. Reed and Aiken will stick.

Jason Peters will be a backup LT, as we have hopes for him to be our starter down the road. Neufeld will play TE behind Campbell and Euhus. Lawrence Smith will be cut.

Bannan will be in the DT rotation. Sape and Simon will not.

Ezekiel will make it as a 7th LB.

Good call on Gause, and I hope you're right on Payne. I think Leonhard will challenge at safety as well.

>>>>I think we should give them Travis and a 4th or 5th rounder next year for him.<<<<

Does Carolina need a back? Perhaps we can send them Henry for Julius Peppers?

337387[/snapback]

Why does that sound unrealistic? The Eagles are in the same boat we are in with Travis. Travis is worth a whole helluva lot more than a 5th rounder (Tennessee's offer).

The Eagles expressed interest in Henry. The Eagles have Simon on the trading block and ARE looking to deal him. He's going to go for less than he's worth on a trade just like Henry.

I hate people who look down on others with sarcastic comments Bill. Especially when the comment doesn't make sense.

Green has talent. Some mental problems, but most fans forgive that if a player performs well enough in a different situation. On one hand, one might feel that getting out of the zoo that the former coach/gm Butch Davis created would be a positive, against the fact that his wife felt the need to stab him.

Who knows? :blink:

337394[/snapback]

His wife stabbed him because of the whole incident with Kevin Johnson that resulted in KJ being released.

For those that don't know...KJ came home from practice one day while Green was suspended and found Green's car in the driveway, when he went in the house he found WF in bed with his fiance and chased him out of the house still undressed. This is when Green got pulled over half dressed and drunk in the middle of the afternoon. Once WG's wife found this out she stabbed him.

Do we really need this crap in Buffalo??

His wife stabbed him because of the whole incident with Kevin Johnson that resulted in KJ being released.

For those that don't know...KJ came home from practice one day while Green was suspended and found Green's car in the driveway, when he went in the house he found WF in bed with his fiance and chased him out of the house still undressed. This is when Green got pulled over half dressed and drunk in the middle of the afternoon. Once WG's wife found this out she stabbed him.

337418[/snapback]

LMAO

I never heard that story before. That's some crazy stuff!

I like Kevin Thompson a lot. i saw him play the other day and it seems as though he has all the tools, i mean he is 6'5'' and can run, has a strong arm, the interception i saw was a tipped ball, so i think he'll make it as our #3 behind Losman and Holcomb. I see no reason why we would absolutely need Shane Matthews on our team. He'll never see the field, and even if he would, it woul mean the season is over anyway so why not give Kevin a shot.

William Green..... i dont think the Bills organization would go for a guy like that

The reason everybody is saying that Jonathan Smith could be cut is because his only role is returning punts. Yes, he was good, i dont know if he was better than average, but Parrish now fills that roll and he can actually play on offense. Roscoe fills 2 positions. He can take away jonathan smith on punt returns, and take away josh reed for the 3rd receiver spot.

I dont think they will cut bannan, i mean why would you take the time to convert him to different posistions and then cut him before the season even started. You wouldnt even get to see if he could do anything.....

I lived in philadelphia last year and watched corey simon play. He is a lard ass that has to come off the field every other play because he is tired. In every important situation they took him out and put Sam Rayburn in. I like Ron Edwards more than Simon at this point.

Why does that sound unrealistic? The Eagles are in the same boat we are in with Travis. Travis is worth a whole helluva lot more than a 5th rounder (Tennessee's offer).

The Eagles expressed interest in Henry. The Eagles have Simon on the trading block and ARE looking to deal him. He's going to go for less than he's worth on a trade just like Henry.

I hate people who look down on others with sarcastic comments Bill. Especially when the comment doesn't make sense.

337417[/snapback]

Sorry, it was nothing personal. :blink: I am just very sure that people overestimate the "value" of Henry, and perhaps ALL of our players (with the exception of an ex-Bill, Drew).

I know that value is relative, but I am thinking that the Eagles will not just hand over Simon for Henry, 5th or not. The draft must have shown us something wrt the demand for TH, no?

Btw, thanks for putting so much effort into your post; it was good. I still have a hunch that we will see Teague at LT. He has done it before and will soon be a ufa. A good season at LT could get him Jennings money, and that lends itself toward HUGE motivation imo.

I like Kevin Thompson a lot. i saw him play the other day and it seems as though he has all the tools, i mean he is 6'5'' and can run, has a strong arm, the interception i saw was a tipped ball, so i think he'll make it as our  #3 behind Losman and Holcomb. I see no reason why we would absolutely need Shane Matthews on our team. He'll never see the field, and even if he would, it woul mean the season is over anyway so why not give Kevin a shot.

William Green..... i dont think the Bills organization would go for a guy like that

The reason everybody is saying that Jonathan Smith could be cut is because his only role is returning punts. Yes, he was good, i dont know if he was better than average, but Parrish now fills that roll and he can actually play on offense. Roscoe fills 2 positions. He can take away jonathan smith on punt returns, and take away josh reed for the 3rd receiver spot.

I dont think they will cut bannan, i mean why would you take the time to convert him to different posistions and then cut him before the season even started. You wouldnt even get to see if he could do anything.....

I lived in philadelphia last year and watched corey simon play. He is a lard ass that has to come off the field every other play because he is tired. In every important situation they took him out and put Sam Rayburn in. I like Ron Edwards more than Simon at this point.

337428[/snapback]

I don't know much about Kevin Thompson. I HATE Shane Matthews though! I put him as #3 only because TD loves the guy for some reason. The dude didn't even show up for mini-camp and even though we re-signed him, he's still "unsure" as to whether or not he wants to play. I'd love to see almost anyone in here over him but like I said, TD loves the guy.

As for William Green, the guy had issues a couple years back. He stayed out of trouble last year. I think if we signed him and let him know he's out the door if he pulls any crap, he should be fine. I met him last year and the guy finally seemed to have his head on straight and was very nice. I think he deserves a shot on another team.

Justin Bannan is going to be switched back to DT. This was commented on by TD during the draft day press conferences. Honestly, he has always done a whole lot of nothing on that line. I think that's why they tried him on the OL. He's expendable at both spots IMO

Thanks for the info on Simon. I'll have to look through some video tapes of Phili games last year.

Sorry, it was nothing personal. smile.gif I am just very sure that people overestimate the "value" of Henry, and perhaps ALL of our players (with the exception of an ex-Bill, Drew).

It's all good man. Sorry I blew up like that.

I know what you mean about people overestimating his worth. I've seen a lot of RIDICULOUS trade ideas being thrown around. I just didn't think mine was that bad.

Teague at LT? That's an interesting scenario. I could see it by season's end if Preston really shows something and Gandy doesn't.

337418[/snapback]

wow I never heard that before. KJ finds Green in bed with his fiancee then gets cut for it? Thats harsh!