Bills Sign ReShard Lee From Dallas

So how many potential kick returners do the Bills have now????

335402[/snapback]

I wonder why so many. Afterall, Terrence McGee was the best kickoff returner in the NFL last year. I wonder if this means that they are planning on using him mainly on defense and less on ST....

In all fairness, the others outside of McGee all seem to be punt returners only.

335409[/snapback]

This guy isn't. He was one of the top KRs in the league. He averaged 23.5 yards per return and had 3 that were over 40 yards.

This guy isn't.  He was one of the top KRs in the league.  He averaged 23.5 yards per return and had 3 that were over 40 yards.

335421[/snapback]

one of the top KRs in the league? 23.5 isn't even good enough for top 10 status.......not to mention he didn't take any to the house........

mcgee doesn't have to worry about his job, but it's not as if two guys can't line up back there anyway........

I guess this could be another indication that the Bills might be making McGree strictly a corner and have others handle KR and PR???  Thoughts?

335431[/snapback]

i'm not assuming that.......you can put two KR's back there anyway, and it never hurts to add guys who can do more then one thing.......perhaps the bills like his ability to play RB just as much if not more then his kick return skills?

mcgee went to the pro-bowl because he's the best in the game at returning.......don't mess with a good thing.......we don't need "the rams light" around here.......

Relax!

My lord some of you aren't even "half-empty" people!

You need to read the tale: chicken little

No F_ING way will McGee not return Kickoffs for the Bills

He is the best one they have had in DECADES

TD obviously thinks this new kid is a good athlete that offers depth to the team

i don't know what's up, but i smell a trade, most likely to philly, for travis. 3rd round pick? corey simon? corey simon and change? who knows, but they clearly are preparing like they don't have travis.

interesting

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/397295

Has some size ( only 5-10 but 220 lbs. )  Don't know anything about him. Looked to be the primary kickoff returner for the Cowboys. Front page says he signed a 2 year deal.

335401[/snapback]

I like this move. He's a shifty kid who will probably be our 3rd down back. An upgrade over Joe Burns and probably more consistant than Shaud Williams. Parcells had him in the starting mix early in the year. They have 2 real backs in Jones and Thomas, so there isn't much room back there now.

i don't know what's up, but i smell a trade, most likely to philly, for travis. 3rd round pick? corey simon? corey simon and change? who knows, but they clearly are preparing like they don't have travis.

interesting

335437[/snapback]

they have to prepare "like they don't have travis".......they have no choice......

1) he might not show up at all

2) even if he does, you need a backup around in case another starter goes down with an injury and a team wants to trade for travis

you need someone willing and able to step in if travis is dealt -- tomorrow, during training camp, or six weeks into the season.......

i don't think they're close on any deal for travis, but i'm not surprised they are adding their depth now in preparation for travis not being on the roster this year........

He's a shifty kid who will probably be our 3rd down back. An upgrade over Joe Burns and probably more consistant than Shaud Williams. Parcells had him in the starting mix early in the year.

He's from the Cowboys - give him drug tests - often :D

:doh:

Some interesting stuff from his college days at MTSU....

Slash???

Left School after his junior year

Knee injury cut short his first camp in 2003

Draft Profile Check out the 4.38 40--that is in the oustanding range for a RB...plus it seems like it translates well to the field...

This could be a John Guy special. He was cut last week and we jumped on him pretty quickly after he cleared waivers...

Was reading a couple posts about him on the Cowboys message board, it seems that most wanted him to return, but Parcells didn't like that he was only a excellent runner and returner. His playing time was limited because of fumbling and horrible blocking, but he is definitely a raw project with alot of potential. Most people were suprised he cleared waivers.

terrence mcgee has to play 16 games at corner now. vincent played many of thsoe last season. so terrence has to fresh and we will use others to retunr, regardless of how good he was. i would rather have him cover fresh and let parish return. booy april will free guys up with the system anyway.