Niagara Falls questions

Southern_Bills

On 8/24/2022 at 10:31 PM, 716er said:

After you visit the falls, spend time in Lewiston instead of Niagara Falls. 

Also do the Whirlpool Jet Boat if you can afford it.

This is not Falls related, but I might get a helpful response here. I just started looking for tickets, hotel, etc for the home opener. I plan to stay in Williamsville where I grew up at least the first couple nights, then maybe move downtown. Just starting to form a plan. 

The question is this: does anyone have a feel for how reliable Uber is around town? I had a bad experience not TOO long ago where I kept getting “no drivers available”, despite being quoted $34 for what used to be a $7-8 ride. I’m glad it was only 3 miles, because I ended up walking. (Yes, I know I could have taken a taxi, but the convenience sucks compared to Uber and it was only 3 miles.) After that I started “faking rides” to see if I could get a driver. It was hit or miss. 

I was a HUGE Uber user prior to Covid and the world getting turned upside down. I never doubted it, and never had a problem. I’m pretty rigid on the whole don’t drink and drive thing, and I’ll be drinking. I promise. I can walk near the hotel, but I’ll want to go outside that little stretch of bars while there. 

Any opinions or experience lately?  I may ask the same question is some other “going to the game” threads. I would NOT use it going to the stadium as I’d never get home, but possibly at other times over the long weekend. 

Any insight is appreciated. 

41 minutes ago, Augie said:

This is not Falls related, but I might get a helpful response here. I just started looking for tickets, hotel, etc for the home opener. I plan to stay in Williamsville where I grew up at least the first couple nights, then maybe move downtown. Just starting to form a plan. 

The question is this: does anyone have a feel for how reliable Uber is around town? 

Good question. I'll be back there next week, and plan to Uber to and from a bar to watch the Bills on Thursday night.  This info will be great for me. I'll have a car, so maybe I could just  to find a non drinker. But given that it's WNY, and my friends, that is highly unlikely.  Still deciding where to go to watch the game. We have a group of people some will be staying in NF and others who live in Buffalo/Williamsville/Clarence.  Could be a difficult operation to plan.

3 hours ago, Augie said:

The question is this: does anyone have a feel for how reliable Uber is around town? I had a bad experience not TOO long ago where I kept getting “no drivers available”, despite being quoted $34 for what used to be a $7-8 ride. I’m glad it was only 3 miles, because I ended up walking. (Yes, I know I could have taken a taxi, but the convenience sucks compared to Uber and it was only 3 miles.) After that I started “faking rides” to see if I could get a driver. It was hit or miss. 

I can't tell you about Buffalo specifically, but I keep both Uber and Lyft apps on my phone so I can comparison shop.  Last week I flew back home from working out of town.  Once I got my luggage, I checked Uber, and a ride home was going to be $80!  Lyft was only $36.  But in the past (and this ride) I've found Lyft drivers to not be as good as Uber drivers, so keep that in mind. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.