Soft Spots for other franchises?

Green Bay. I'm a big fan of Favre. And the city of Green Bay is a mid sized Great Lakes/Rust Belt blue collar city that gets a metric asston of snow every year. Kinda reminds me of my hometown of Erie, PA

Also got a thing for the Steelers and Browns. Erie's real close to Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland so I followed all 3 teams

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Browns because my grampa was a big Browns fan. I think the fans are like Bills fans too. When the Browns left, I got really concerned because if they could go, no team was safe.  In the NFC, I like the Packers.

334772[/snapback]

My grandfather was a Brownie fan too, except for when the AAFC and the AFL. He used to drag my mother from Fredonia to Browns and Indians games...

I also roomed with a Browns fan in grad school, and an Ohio State grad. He pretty much rooted for the Bills back then because of Speilman... Of course, when Michigan ruined Ohio State's season back then, he didn't accept my consolation about how it could have been worse - they could be the UB Bulls...

Wow, I think I may the biggest slut on the board.....

First and foremost I love the future world champion Buffalo Bills. They have been my team for 20 years and they forever will be.

I admit to having a soft spot for the Eagles, since I had a four year love affair with the city of Philadelphia in the late 90's when I was going to school. I was immersed in Eagle football for each of those years and they remain my favorite NFC team. I also became a fan of the Flyers and Sixers.

I also admit to being a fan of the Pack, but that is mainly because of one player - Brett Favre.

A small soft spot also exists for the Falcons being that I have lived in Atlanta since moving from Philly. They have some exciting players and I respect the way they run their franchise.

Lastly, I have a soft spot for the underdog. I'm saying this in general terms since even though a team like the Fins, Jets, Steelers, Cowboys, or Pats may be in the underdog situation in any particular game of a given season, these teams do not qualify. I hate these teams and will always hate these teams. Teams like the Cards, Niners, Browns, and Texans are examples of those that would qualify for this year, though.

But above any other sports team in the world, I love my Buffalo Bills :wub:

I still have some residual fondness for the Browns.

And much residual hate for the Steelers.   :wub:

Mike

334343[/snapback]

I can't stand the fuggin Steelers. Nothing I'd like to see more than Heinz Field sliding into the river thus turning all those yellow seats rusty brown from the dirty water.

My only saving grace is them losing every year, in the AFC Championship game AT HOME. Gotta love that.

None. They can all go to hell, especially the Dolphins.

334332[/snapback]

I agree. Soft spot for another NFL team? Thats polygany! (not that I do not want multiple wives but its just wrong!)

I gotta say the Rams, only because I used to live about a half hour from where they hold their training camp in IL. Went every year and got almost every players autograph.

That inspired me to go to the Bills camp back in 1999 for a week. Had a blast!!!

Well, first off, FIRST POST! Okay, one with the thread. I'm a Bills fan. Never changes. I also cheer for the Steelers (because my dad lived there and he's a Bills fan and a Steelers fan), the Panthers (my sister picked them as her team in their rookie season, so that carried over) and any team playing these following teams: The Patriots, the Jets, the Dolphins, and the Raiders. I will admit, I have cheered for the Fins ONCE. That was when they played the Patriots and won last year. I just wanted to see the Patsies lose. But that was a fluke cheer and will never happen again (except under similar circumstances.)

Carolina Panthers. I have tremendous respect for Jake Delhomme, and the panthers defense.

334785[/snapback]

:o

Great post....

...and on that note, I'm joining "Two Bills Drive".

My husband "BillsCanada" is a lifelong Bills fan and I of course am a Panthers fan. To turn this thread around my second favourite team is the Bills so I didn't join to be a troll by any means. :w00t:

I'm a really big Delhomme fan (I even have a Delhomme website) so of course I just loved THAT post Hunky....

My first NFL game was the Bills/Colts on a beautiful November day in 2003 (YES, it was about 70 degrees in Buffalo! In NOVEMBER! Perhaps some of you remember it?).

My husband lived in Ontario growing up so was a Bills fan but then moved to Saskatchewan (where we live now) about 15 years ago - I promised him we'd go see the Bills one day and in 2003 we did... last year we went to Charlotte to see the Panthers and they quickly became my husband's second favourite team - we loved North Carolina, the people were awesome and it's nice to see some Carolina people on this board.... even a Cajun (who I am surprised has not proclaimed his hatred for the 'Aints.... LOL).

This year, of course the Panthers are playing the Bills and we're actually going to be coming down for that game too - can't miss that one!!!

Look forward to meeting some of you at the game/tailgate - I made so many "internet buddies" when we went to Charlotte and even though I'll be cheering for the opposing team it will be some good-natured fun - at least we can share some mutual hatred for the Patriots... ;)

I moved to St Louis the same year the Rams arrived from LA. They sucked bad for a year or 2, then won the super bowl. So I have some interest in them, but never at the expense of the Bills - no question.

I dislike Mike Martz, and love to see him do stupid things (like fire Bobby April) and get threatened by Turley.

When I lived in St Louis (I used to post as "Dennis in MO"), I got Sunday Ticket and they were giving away an NFL jacket as a premium for joining. The application form actually asked for a "2nd choice team". I thought What The Fu&%$#! How can you have a 2nd favorite team, such that you would actually wear their jacket???

I must have put "Rams" figuring I could sell the damned Rams jacket if they sent me one.

But they are a distant second. No contest.

:o

Great post....

...and on that note, I'm joining "Two Bills Drive".

My husband "BillsCanada" is a lifelong Bills fan and I of course am a Panthers fan.  To turn this thread around my second favourite team is the Bills so I didn't join to be a troll by any means.  :w00t:

I'm a really big Delhomme fan (I even have a Delhomme website) so of course I just loved THAT post Hunky....

My first NFL game was the Bills/Colts on a beautiful November day in 2003 (YES, it was about 70 degrees in Buffalo!  In NOVEMBER!  Perhaps some of you remember it?).

My husband lived in Ontario growing up so was a Bills fan but then moved to Saskatchewan (where we live now) about 15 years ago - I promised him we'd go see the Bills one day and in 2003 we did... last year we went to Charlotte to see the Panthers and they quickly became my husband's second favourite team - we loved North Carolina, the people were awesome and it's nice to see some Carolina people on this board.... even a Cajun (who I am surprised has not proclaimed his hatred for the 'Aints.... LOL).

This year, of course the Panthers are playing the Bills and we're actually going to be coming down for that game too - can't miss that one!!!

Look forward to meeting some of you at the game/tailgate - I made so many "internet buddies" when we went to Charlotte and even though I'll be cheering for the opposing team it will be some good-natured fun - at least we can share some mutual hatred for the Patriots...  ;)

336365[/snapback]

That's a great website, Delhomme is like God down here in South Louisiana. I'll always be a fan of him. Too bad the Saints cut him and decided to keep that fuggin idiot Aaron Brooks. He's too damn stupid to be a good QB. I might have more respect for the Saints if it wasn't for that punk.

That's a great website, Delhomme is like God down here in South Louisiana. I'll always be a fan of him. Too bad the Saints cut him and decided to keep that fuggin idiot Aaron Brooks. He's too damn stupid to be a good QB. I might have more respect for the Saints if it wasn't for that punk.

336392[/snapback]

There we go - you and I will get along just fine!! ;)

Remember "Jake is a good QB with a great team behind him.... but I'm a GREAT QB with an OK team..."? What an ass..... :o

I've got a buddy in Carencro which is about 15 minutes from Breaux Bridge (as you likely know)... if I get my way we'll be taking a side trip to LA next May - my in-laws are taking the family to DisneyWorld but I can only take so much Mickey Mouse, they want to go for two whole weeks!!

Don't want to stray too far off topic now! :w00t: