90s era New York Knicks Docuseries coming...

BillsPride12

https://www.amny.com/sports/spike-lee-documentary-series-1990s-knicks/#.Yuemw9m67GM.link

I loved the NBA in the 90s...granted I was a huge Bulls fan growing up but I always liked those Knicks team and Patrick Ewing.  In hindsight that's a Sports team I wish would've gotten at least one ring back then.  I think this should be pretty good, sometimes the stories about the teams that didn't go all the way but were right there on the cusp(see Four Falls of Buffalo) are more interesting than the champions stories.  I know there are some Knicks fans on the board so wanted to share.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/1/2022 at 6:18 AM, BillsPride12 said:

https://www.amny.com/sports/spike-lee-documentary-series-1990s-knicks/#.Yuemw9m67GM.link

I loved the NBA in the 90s...granted I was a huge Bulls fan growing up but I always liked those Knicks team and Patrick Ewing.  In hindsight that's a Sports team I wish would've gotten at least one ring back then.  I think this should be pretty good, sometimes the stories about the teams that didn't go all the way but were right there on the cusp(see Four Falls of Buffalo) are more interesting than the champions stories.  I know there are some Knicks fans on the board so wanted to share.

Didn't Thurman make a comment on Four Falls when he got drafted by the Bills he thought one of the perks of playing in Buffalo was Knicks tickets 😅🤣

A Knicks fan here from 90-91 season to 97-98 season.  90-91 is when I started watching basketball and 97-98 is when I started high school.  Toward the end of that run is when I started to kinda understand what the real world was in life and sports.  That along with other factors kinda diminished my interest in basketball over the years.  

It might be work a check out.  But as of the moment not feeling it.  Not so much because the team didn't win or cause of Spike Lee but yeah I still think fondly of those players.  Don't know how much I need to know about their lives.  Social media/sports media in general since then made sports jump the shark to me since that time.  

9 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Didn't Thurman make a comment on Four Falls when he got drafted by the Bills he thought one of the perks of playing in Buffalo was Knicks tickets 😅🤣

A Knicks fan here from 90-91 season to 97-98 season.  90-91 is when I started watching basketball and 97-98 is when I started high school.  Toward the end of that run is when I started to kinda understand what the real world was in life and sports.  That along with other factors kinda diminished my interest in basketball over the years.  

It might be work a check out.  But as of the moment not feeling it.  Not so much because the team didn't win or cause of Spike Lee but yeah I still think fondly of those players.  Don't know how much I need to know about their lives.  Social media/sports media in general since then made sports jump the shark to me since that time.  

Yes Thurman did make that quote...and ironically enough I just referenced that Thurman quote with a Co-worker of mine who grew up in the Bronx a few days ago ;)

I think I'm just a junkie for those Sports docs in general, especially the ones they are starting to make into a series now.  I have been saying they needed to make one about the 90s Knicks in a similar fashion to the Four Falls of Buffalo for awhile now.  As I've already mentioned sometimes I think the story is a little more interesting from the perspective of the team that just couldn't get over the hump.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.