Leonard Fournette Checking In At 260lbs?

H2o

On 7/18/2022 at 11:49 AM, JESSEFEFFER said:

People use the 237 number that Josh had at the combine but we all know that can't be true anymore.  I described him as probably a bucket of wings shy of 250 now but 260?  Maybe that's when fully padded.

On 7/18/2022 at 12:46 PM, Logic said:

I hope you're right.

While it's clear that he works super hard at his craft -- mechanics, throwing motion, etc -- I've never really heard him mention nutrition or diet. I HAVE heard him talk about crushing wings and drinking Labatt's. 

Like I said -- probably not too big a deal right now, but over time, a good diet and intelligent nutrition choices will preserve his athleticism and lengthen his career.

In an interview last year he mentioned that the team wanted him in the low 240's but he was over that because wings or whatever. He looks much bigger this year. 260 feels right. 

Josh has said he doesn't pay any attention to his diet. I wish he would. Body maintenance is important. It is a huge part of what makes TB TB.  He doesn't need to go full Brady, but if he could not go full Roethlisberger that would be great. 

Also, Allen is sponsored by Corona these days. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Josh has said he doesn't pay any attention to his diet. I wish he would. Body maintenance is important. It is a huge part of what makes TB TB.  He doesn't need to go full Brady, but if he could not go full Roethlisberger that would be great. 

Also, Allen is sponsored by Corona these days. 

I watched that Tom Brady documentary, Man in the Arena, and in it, Brady said that he didn't actually start paying any attention to his body and nutrition until like year five or so. Hopefully, the same will be true for Josh, in that he'll soon realize the importance of it and incorporate it into his regimen.

On the one hand, I totally understand that he's a young guy enjoying his newfound fame and wealth. With that comes lavish meals and knocking back a few beers. No big deal.

On the other hand, for a guy who has such an incredible work ethic and who wants so badly to do everything in his power to be great and to win championships, you'd think that nutrition and body maintenance would enter the picture at some point.

I don't mean to wring my hands too much over it. It's not a huge deal at the present moment. Over time, however, diet and nutrition could be the difference between a 12 year career and a 15-20 year career, and I obviously want to see Josh under center for as long as humanly possible.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HardyBoy said:

Uh, there are reasons for playing weight limits beyond speed.

You can't strengthen tendons or ligaments.

Sometimes in this world on rare occasions, freakish human beings come along who don’t seem to fit the mold like everyone else. Josh is already an outlier at 250 LBs, going to 260 doesn’t seem like it would be the stick that breaks the camels back.

I’m no expert or doctor, but it seems to me they’re are plenty of athletes much larger and heavier than Allen who’s tendons or ligaments are just fine.

49 minutes ago, Logic said:

I watched that Tom Brady documentary, Man in the Arena, and in it, Brady said that he didn't actually start paying any attention to his body and nutrition until like year five or so. Hopefully, the same will be true for Josh, in that he'll soon realize the importance of it and incorporate it into his regimen.

On the one hand, I totally understand that he's a young guy enjoying his newfound fame and wealth. With that comes lavish meals and knocking back a few beers. No big deal.

On the other hand, for a guy who has such an incredible work ethic and who wants so badly to do everything in his power to be great and to win championships, you'd think that nutrition and body maintenance would enter the picture at some point.

I don't mean to wring my hands too much over it. It's not a huge deal at the present moment. Over time, however, diet and nutrition could be the difference between a 12 year career and a 15-20 year career, and I obviously want to see Josh under center for as long as humanly possible.

Josh entering the 2024 season looking like DK Metcalf confirmed!

48 minutes ago, julian said:

Sometimes in this world on rare occasions, freakish human beings come along who don’t seem to fit the mold like everyone else. Josh is already an outlier at 250 LBs, going to 260 doesn’t seem like it would be the stick that breaks the camels back.

I’m no expert or doctor, but it seems to me they’re are plenty of athletes much larger and heavier than Allen who’s tendons or ligaments are just fine.

Right, I am not sure how big of a deal this is. Probably not huge, but 260 is a lot of human.

It is worth noting that there was an interview at the facilities last year where Josh said he was something like 7 lbs over weight at 149lbs. Or along those lines. So the staff have an idea of where they think Josh should be and it is a good amount less than 260. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mango said:

Josh entering the 2024 season looking like DK Metcalf confirmed!

Right, I am not sure how big of a deal this is. Probably not huge, but 260 is a lot of human.

It is worth noting that there was an interview at the facilities last year where Josh said he was something like 7 lbs over weight at 149lbs. Or along those lines. So the staff have an idea of where they think Josh should be and it is a good amount less than 260. 

Yeah I agree, I’m sure they like him at 240 and nimble, but I love flexing on my coworkers as I’m referring to the monster of a man playing QB for the Bills.

Yes, I mean actually flexing as I remind them who their daddy is and he wears 17

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.