Camp tix now available to STH

11 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

How many tickets is the capacity for each practice? I'm not sure of the layout of the practice facilities at training camp for the Bills, but do you feel a ticketed event is needed? Has it ever been just open to the public and no tickets needed?

It's always been open unless it was a night practice or at the field(in Buffalo).

It was never an issue before but the theory is it was to market the Bills App and because of covid.  I honestly have no idea. I just know I didn't bother because they gave STHs first chance to the tickets (I'm not a STH so knew I had no chance).

SJF has seating for ~5000 along with standing room around most of the fields so you could probably call it 6500-7500.

Edited by The Wiz

19 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

How many tickets is the capacity for each practice? I'm not sure of the layout of the practice facilities at training camp for the Bills, but do you feel a ticketed event is needed? Has it ever been just open to the public and no tickets needed?

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

It's always been open unless it was a night practice or at the field(in Buffalo).

It was never an issue before but the theory is it was to market the Bills App and because of covid.  I honestly have no idea. I just know I didn't bother because they gave STHs first chance to the tickets (I'm not a STH so knew I had no chance).

SJF has seating for ~5000 along with standing room around most of the fields so you could probably call it 6500-7500.

It's actually 999.

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's actually 999.

I just looked again and unless they are limiting tickets to each practice, we are both wrong. 

Growney stadium has room for 2500.  Not sure how much it matters if they are in Growney or the practice field next to it though.  They have had over 5k people before and dont know if that's added stands or standing room also.

Edited by The Wiz

14 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I just looked again and unless they are limiting tickets to each practice, we are both wrong. 

Growney stadium has room for 2500.  Not sure how much it matters if they are in Growney or the practice field next to it though.  They have had over 5k people before and dont know if that's added stands or standing room also.

When my son was looking at tickets on Thursday, he said it said “maximum attendance 999” for each practice day.  And I’d say that jibes with what I’ve seen going to camp at SJF for the past 15+ years.

Edited by Doc

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

When my son was looking at tickets on Thursday, he said it said “maximum attendance 999” for each practice day.  And I’d say that jibes with what I’ve seen going to camp at SJF for the past 15+ years.

I'm not questioning you. Just saying what they are capable of holding. 

It's very likely they are limiting the amount of people allowed per session if this is the case. 

I haven't been there since 2018 so a lot of things could have changed along with their policies for camp attendance. 

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

There has definitely been more then that every year ive went. I always go to the first weekend pads practice. and its always packed. Id say about 5k. There was some stuff about "covid" though and them wanting to restrict it more. I think its bs. Its outdoors. Let people in and keep a head count at the gate. if to many show then you cutoff at that amount. Then you can atleast say hey get here early next time. Not oh sorry you got here early but our servers were ***** so now you dont have any tickets...

2 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

I think you cats may need some training in judging crowd sizes. I realize your goal was trying to make it seem like more people attend Bills training camp than Packers training camp, but you kinda failed at being factual in the process. There has never been anywhere near 5-7K at Bills training camp practices.

I'm here for factual info. Not a pissing contest for who has the better fan base.

Sounds like somewhere around 2K can attend camp in Rochester. I see no reason that the Bills couldn't make this a non-ticketed event and just limit seating to the grandstand area. No standing room allowed.

STHs also shouldn't have the best chance to get tickets to camp either. Whole thing is a crock the way it is being run now. Hopefully in 3 years or so they no longer have camp in Rochester. Instead having proper training camp facilities on site of the new stadium.

I'm not a STH but I completely disagree with the bolded.  There should be some perks to being one.

As for crowd size, I won't claim that I've actually counted, but it always seemed to me to be about a thousand people when I attended training camps in Pittsford.  But I do know that the limit this year was 999.  And with the demand, there were going to be a lot of people unhappy since each person could get up to 4 tickets, meaning the first 2745 people could have wiped-out all the tickets, and I heard people being in the 12,000s in line.

They may have to go back to holding camp back at Highmark Stadium.  I don't know how many they allowed to attend last year but it probably would have been enough to satisfy almost everyone, even with the app crashes.

24 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

They do have one practice at Highmark stadium don't they?(The Return Of The Blue And Red) About 15K attend. Only about 65K less than attends Packers Family Night during camp.

Yes they do.  That was/is being offered separate from the training camp tickets.

24 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

I may be wrong, but I don't believe they would ever have all the public training camp practices at Highmark stadium. 

They have them at Saint John Fisher in Pittsford for regionalization reasons.  As I've said before, prior to this year, I've never had problems getting training camp tickets there and I live out of state.  But the increase in demand was expected after Josh became a stud so they may have to consider returning to Highmark to accommodate everyone.

10 hours ago, PackerNation said:

I'm here for factual info. Not a pissing contest for who has the better fan base.

10 hours ago, PackerNation said:

They do have one practice at Highmark stadium don't they?(The Return Of The Blue And Red) About 15K attend. Only about 65K less than attends Packers Family Night during camp.

The only factual data that can be provide about camp at fisher is the size the stadium is able to hold (~5000) not including standing room.   The actual number is not released to the public from what I have been able to find.  Only the number of fans that attend camp at Highmark. 

And your second comment makes it sound like you are the one in a pissing contest saying we had 65k less fans in attendance than the Packers did on family night. 

Bills Customer support rep reached out to me today. They gave me 2 tickets to the 30th practice! He apologized for the bad experience and said he hopes I have a great time with my Dad. Good on the Bills for this one as I definitely didn't expect that with all the people that missed out. Nice to know they are trying to make it right. Hope a better system is in place for next year. Everyone will be in a rush again to see the SuperBowl champs in action! haha

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.