Mass Shooting in the Chicago Area

T&C

On 7/6/2022 at 4:46 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

You think it changed things or created more of a public circus? There's reasons why things were changed 90 years ago.

https://www.grunge.com/342564/this-was-the-last-public-execution-in-the-united-states/

the-last-public-execution-was-carried-ou

That is nothing short of barbaric.  Sweet Jesus.  I wonder what percentage of that crowd is bible thumpers.

• Agree 2

On 7/6/2022 at 5:35 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Probably worse.  The last public execution was a 26 year old guy that raped and murdered a 70 year old woman.

Gee the threat of a public hanging in Kentucky really deterred him... 

They still do it over in the Middle East.  My cousin was a teacher years ago in Abu Dhabi when another teacher was murdered by a female terrorist . They hung the terrorist from a crane and left her body up there for a while. This terrorist also happened to be from a different country but as I understand it if the person's family had been in Abu Dhabi they likely would have been killed as well but if not they would be so publicly shamed they would have to leave the country.  They haven't had an attack since. Seems to work. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

They still do it over in the Middle East.  My cousin was a teacher years ago in Abu Dhabi when another teacher was murdered by a female terrorist . They hung the terrorist from a crane and left her body up there for a while. This terrorist also happened to be from a different country but as I understand it if the person's family had been in Abu Dhabi they likely would have been killed as well but if not they would be so publicly shamed they would have to leave the country.  They haven't had an attack since. Seems to work. 

Brilliant.

12 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Just as much as you have a right to bear arms... You have a right against being subjected to any cruel or unusual punishment...

Unless... You want swap a few rights... I don't see it happening here.

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Just as much as you have a right to bear arms... You have a right against being subjected to any cruel or unusual punishment...

Unless... You want swap a few rights... I don't see it happening here.

I really don't want this to get too political, but I think many from all sides of the issue understand the USA has done a terrible job of administering the death penalty for much of its history.  There are just so many disparities of who actually gets convicted/put to death it's a mockery.  I'm not sure I'd ever support anything like that until that gets a bit more straightened out. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.