Imagine finding this in your backyard

\GoBillsInDallas/

Cute!

In high school my science teacher had one and I used clean his labs cages.  His boa would wrap around me and just hang on while I did the other cages and then fed him the mouse.  He associated wrapping around me with dinner.

It is currently up for adoption, or claim, depending on how the snake got into the wild.

I wonder how my wife would react if I wanted to adopt it.

On 6/23/2022 at 5:40 PM, Limeaid said:

Cute!

In high school my science teacher had one and I used clean his labs cages.  His boa would wrap around me and just hang on while I did the other cages and then fed him the mouse.  He associated wrapping around me with dinner.

I wonder how my wife would react if I wanted to adopt it.

If he thought his jaws could open wide enough, you could be dinner. 🤪

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Large or venomous snakes, like many other exotic animals that some people think are "cool" to make into pets, should be left in their native habits because they can become dangerous as adults, primarily because of size and/or temperament.   Once these animals become habituated to and dependent upon humans, they can rarely be returned to the wild and always have to live in captivity for their own safety and for the safety of people who cross their paths.   Too often, when the animals become problems for their owners, they get dumped.

Many exotic pets are collected illegally from the wild and smuggled into the US without regard for the animals' health or the possibility of spreading disease.   The only way to truly stop this illegal trafficking is to dry up the market so that it's not worth it to smugglers to bring the animals into this country.

Hopefully this snake is an escaped pet that can be reunited with its owner.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.