Bills hire Texans Director of Personnel; Dennis Hickey leaving for NYG

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

It wasn’t long ago that the Texans were a playoff team. Then the HC won a power struggle over management and ruined the team (along with Watson getting into trouble).

And I hate to say it, but those same Texans beat our Bills in those playoffs.  I do agree, however, that the two organizations have gone in very different directions since then.  I wouldn't trade our current situations for that playoff win a few years ago.

There are good people to be found in all organizations, even ones that are struggling.  You just have to make sure you find the right ones.

I don’t get why people are so down on this hire. 

He’s replacing Dennis Hickey, who people seemed to like and were excited when Buffalo hired him. But I don’t really see where his previous teams were any better than Bazergin’s before joining Buffalo. Hickey worked for Tampa Bay for 9 years and they missed the playoffs all but 1 year he was there (or was it 2?). Then he was the Dolphins GM from 2014-15, was fired and was out of the NFL until hired by the Bills in 2017.

If Beane thought this was a good hire for Buffalo I’ll trust him. He’s given me no reason not to so far.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I think I hate the Giants.  stop stealing our guys. 

Well to be fair (to be fair 🎶) the guys in NY are the same ones that brought Hickey to Buffalo - so it is not a surprise.

Now we are bringing in guys associated with other hires like Gaine.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.