CB Lonnie Johnson traded to KC

BillsMafi$

21 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I remember those painful days very well and whenever his name comes up - the above is exactly what I think about. 
Of all the other busts in recent Bills history, do you remember why the word "friggin" was so intricately linked to his name?

Same question

Lonnie was more of a JAG than a bust. I don't recall what brought on the first "friggin'" but it's one of those TBD-isms that stuck.

1 hour ago, Steve O said:

Maybe you're thinking of Bucky Brooks? Don't think Friggin' Lonnie ever played to defense, ended his career in KC as a tight end.

I know of whom I am thinking.  Lonnie Johnson the Elder. 🤨

46 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Going by memory, he was a bust. Very disappointing player.

I think a few associates were calling him Lonnie 'Oops' Johnson, years before the Bills had Leodis 'Oops' McKelvin.  Good for a drive ending drop at least once a game, it seemed.

Let me get this straight.  The Texans gave KC a conditional 2024 7th round draft pick to take Lonnie Johnson off their hands?  I'm wrong you say?  Maybe it's the news reports that got it reversed.  Lonnie should have stayed at TE.  Did I get it all straight?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.