Best Bills Games Ever (Top Five)

hondo in seattle

15 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It just so happens that the best "games" (see how I changed the emphasis?) have been, with the exception of The Comeback, not the best results:

1. 13 seconds. OK, maybe because it's still fresh in my mind (as in a fresh wound), but really ... have you ever seen a more entertaining game of football?

I'm sorry, at about 9:45pm that Sunday night, I did not feel "entertained."

4 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

I'm sorry, at about 9:45pm that Sunday night, I did not feel "entertained."

I'm torn on where I rank this game.

I remember the disappointment I felt at the end.  But I also remember the amazement and excitement I felt beforehand.  

Best Bills games and Best Games the Bills were in are two different lists.  

My memory is imperfect, but my Best Bills Games list would be

64 Championship

65 Championship

Comeback

Perfect game

I don't know, maybe 51-3.  

Best Games the Bills were in

Dallas Monday night

13 seconds

XXV

Comeback

Perfect game

• Like (+1) 1

There are so many to choose from so I am going to narrow the list to games I saw in person.  

1. Bills Patriots 2022 - second coldest game in franchise history. There with my second son. Perfect atmosphere. Perfect game.

2. Bills Jets 1988 - I've posted about this experience in the past. 

3. Bills Raiders 1994 playoffs - coldest game in franchise history but still amazing to watch

4. Bills Dolphins 1987 - Marino's TD streak ends. Crowd went insane when Marino was pulled for Strock.

5. Bills Broncos 1987 - Bennett's first game with Buffalo. Elway called timeout when they lined up Bennett behind Bruce Smith. Crowd was amazing!

Honorable mentions

Bills at Packers - terrible game but my first time to Lambeau 

Bills at Jax playoff loss - bad game but first playoff game in 17 years and first playoff game with my son

Bills Raiders Fitz comeback win TD pass on a beautifully designed fake swing pass to Spiller

Worst in person game experiences 

1. Bills Chargers Peterman 

2. Bills Raiders Orton Marrone

Edited by Ethan in Portland

On 4/10/2022 at 9:08 AM, hondo in seattle said:

I'm old enough to remember a lot of great games, but not so old that I had the privilege of seeing the AFL Championships.  But I did get to see the Dolphins decade long streak end, OJ break 2,000 yards, and lots of other fun moments.  My Top Five includes two games from this past season:

1.  The Comeback.  Coming back from 35-3 without Kelly was unlikely.  Even more unlikely when you recall what the Oilers did to us in the regular season.

2.  The Perfect Game.  So fun to watch this happen to Belichick and the Pats after all the suffering they caused us.

3.  The No Punt Game.  The two best offenses went toe-to-toe in a game that surpassed the pre-game hype.

4.  51-3.  It's always fun to see your team score a lot, but more fun when it convinces you that your team is peaking at just the right time for the Super Bowl.

5.  13 Seconds.  This would rank higher if we could rewrite the ending.  

This is a heck of good list! 

All those games are huge, epic, memorable, and immediately recognizable to a Bills fan.

Not sure I could do better.

I might play with the order a BIT, but whatever.  Those might well be the Top 5 games, at least in the modern era.

We did win 2 AFL championships in the '60s.  Had to be some great ball games in there somewhere.  

That's before my time.

53 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Best Bills games and Best Games the Bills were in are two different lists.  

My memory is imperfect, but my Best Bills Games list would be

64 Championship

65 Championship

Comeback

Perfect game

I don't know, maybe 51-3.  

Best Games the Bills were in

Dallas Monday night

13 seconds

XXV

Comeback

Perfect game

The "13 second" game and Super Bowl XXV are very similar in that they were both some of the "best" football games anyone has ever seen--hugely entertaining to all viewers--except Bills fans due to the outcomes.

For a while there, Super Bowl XXV was regarded as the best SB on record.  Not sure it still holds that honor.

And for a neutral football fan who doesn't really care about the Bills or Chiefs, how could you possibly hope to ever find a more entertaining, exciting, fun, crazy game than 13 seconds?  

That game perfectly encapsulates how the NFL wants to see itself in the 21st century and what it wishes ALL games could look like.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.