Clarence Thomas IS conflicted

Is Clarence Thomas conflicted?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is Clarence Thomas conflicted?

• Yes
    • No

• 2 weeks later...

Alito is just a freak, corrupt, nut job 

ProPublica published its story on Alito just before midnight on Tuesday, about five hours after the Journal published Alito’s defensive column.

It details the conservative justice’s relationship with billionaire hedge fund manager Paul Singer, including their trip to an Alaskan fishing resort in 2008. According to the story, Singer — whose hedge fund subsequently came before the court 10 times in various business disputes — flew Alito to the resort on his private jet, a trip ProPublica reported would have cost Alito more than $100,000 one way if he had chartered the jet on his own.

Alito, who wrote the court’s landmark Dobbs decision striking down federal abortion rights last year, didn’t list the trip on his financial disclosure forms in an apparent violation of the law, according to ProPublica.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2023/06/21/alito-wsj-propublica-fishing-trip/

🤣 Ya sure!

He asserted that Singer was merely a casual acquaintance, with whom he spoke only fleetingly during the fishing trip, and was not aware of Singer’s connection to any subsequent court matter.

4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

How about partisan stories from the same partisan sites and voices.

here its on a thread started by a lefty about how bad Clarance is.

So you'd be cool if lefties gave hundreds of thousands in gifts to the liberal justices?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ChiGoose said:

So you'd be cool if lefties gave hundreds of thousands in gifts to the liberal justices?

And subsequently brought multiple cases before those same judges on the Court?*

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Capco said:

And subsequently brought multiple cases before those same judges on the Court?*

I'm sure that if (((Soros))) was offering six figures in trips and gifts to Ketanji Brown Jackson, they'd all agree that it would be bad for people to report on it or criticize it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

I'm sure that if (((Soros))) was offering six figures in trips and gifts to Ketanji Brown Jackson, they'd all agree that it would be bad for people to report on it or criticize it.

Well, the ironic part would be when the left-leaning media outlets report on it.  If everything they say is partisan by nature, then surely their reporting of it would indicate no wrongdoing on the part of Jackson.  

PS -  The way you typed (((Soros))) killed me lol

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

No  surprise to those of us with their eyes wide open.

Be sure to click upon (and read) the piece before responding.

They are taking care of their "kept" judges. So corrupt. 

And who paid Brett Kananaugh's credit card bills? 

I'm publicly disclosing I've never fished with a judge.  I don't believe many would enjoy catching their own hellgrammites for bait but I could be wrong.  Teachers, veterinarian and car salesmen buddies are fine with it.

C'mon this reeks...private plane to Alaska.  Undoubtedly guides and hired boats.  I'll bet they didn't cook their own shore lunch or stop at brewers retail for supplies before the trip.  Big dollars for this trip.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

C'mon this reeks...private plane to Alaska.  Undoubtedly guides and hired boats.  I'll bet they didn't cook their own shore lunch or stop at brewers retail for supplies before the trip.  Big dollars for this trip.

No, no, no. You don't understand. It was a seat on a private plane that would "otherwise have been empty"! Haven't we all been offered free airplane seats because they weren't already sold to a passenger?

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

No, no, no. You don't understand. It was a seat on a private plane that would "otherwise have been empty"! Haven't we all been offered free airplane seats because they weren't already sold to a passenger?

They’re actually missing out on enormous fun in planning a do-it-yourself fishing trip. Keeping in mind a SCOTUS justice salary, this would also seem more reasonable   I think I once got a seat upgrade on a flight.