Justin Bannan [12 yr NFL vet, drafted by Bills] sentenced to 16 years in prison...

Big Turk

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What does shooting at people in a car and hitting one have to do with the current discussion?

I was directly responding to the person who I quoted.

And, what's the deal with targeting me for adding to the current discussion? Let me guess....because what I said doesn't fit your narrative?

Edited by Beast

17 minutes ago, Beast said:

I was directly responding to the person who I quoted.

The person to whom you responded, was responding to the OP of the thread

They said:

20 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

if this [iow, the conviction of Bannan and sentence for 16 years] was  mostly rooted in mental health thats sad, and a sad reflection on this country. thats revenge, not reform

You responded:

2 hours ago, Beast said:

No, it's actually punishment for shooting at people in a car and hitting one, not "revenge".

Let me ask again: what does this have to do with "shooting at people in a car and hitting one", since that's not what Bannan was convicted of?

17 minutes ago, Beast said:

And, what's the deal with targeting me for adding to the current discussion? Let me guess....because what I said doesn't fit your narrative?

Niiiice.  You responded on a thread.  That means anyone can comment.  I ask you to explain what you meant.  Now just responding to you in a thread (open to everyone to comment) means I'm "targeting" you and have a "narrative", after you introduce "punishment for shooting at people in a car and hitting one" - when that's not what's being discussed in this thread.

Looks like you've got a narrative, buddy.

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The person to whom you responded, was responding to the OP of the thread

They said:

You responded:

Let me ask again: what does this have to do with "shooting at people in a car and hitting one", since that's not what Bannan was convicted of?

Niiiice.  You responded on a thread.  That means anyone can comment.  I ask you to explain what you meant.  Now just responding to you in a thread (open to everyone to comment) means I'm "targeting" you and have a "narrative", after you introduce "punishment for shooting at people in a car and hitting one" - when that's not what's being discussed in this thread.

Looks like you've got a narrative, buddy.

Oh look, I read the article fast and misread something. So, regardless, Bannan shot someone and my original statement still stands.

Buddy.

• Sad 1

On 2/10/2022 at 11:09 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

Nice try, not what I said at all. Also, doesn't invalidate this being revenge not reform. 

If we want to reduce victims, we should get people help. Instead he'll get zero help, be 15 years hardened, and exiting jail with a chip on his shoulder bigger than when he went in.

Is revenge making things safer for anyone in society?

Let's get these people help. Cities don't have the desire or wherewithal to assume that responsibility. That's why there are so many homeless encampments, like thats an answer. Now, the Feds and States want to provide safe drug shelters and taxpayer funded  paraphernalia. You have to protect the vulnerable population from mentally ill, violent people. Encarcerate them for violent crimes and give them mental illness therapy. Keep them away from society until the rehabilitation is confirmed my qualified mental illness professionals. Think about the elderly, woman and children. They need to be protected. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.