2021 GB v TB NFCCG - closest comp to what just happened?

Big Blitz

It's probably not worse - but you could make the case it is.   

Coach (a 2nd year head coach coming off losing the 2020 NFCCG with a Hall of Fame QB that could have been playing his last game in GB that day) makes ridiculous call to kick a FG to go down 5 with 2:05 left instead of going for the TD and needing the exact same situation to unfold anyway - would still need his terrible Defense to stop Tom Brady then score a TD.  

The whole planet knew they weren't getting that stop.

Horrible.  The rational maybe worse - perhaps thats why we're just saying little:

"Yeah, anytime it doesn't work out, you always regret it, right? It was just the circumstances of having three shots and coming away with no yards and knowing that you not only need the touchdown, but you need the 2-point [conversion]. The way I was looking at it was, we essentially had four timeouts with the two-minute warning.

"We knew we needed to get a stop, and I thought we were going to have a stop there at the end, but we got called for [defensive pass interference] and it didn't work out. I think anytime something doesn't work out, do you regret it? Sure, but we're always going to be process-driven here, and the way our defense was battling, the way our defense was playing, it felt like it was the right decision to do. It just didn't work out."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2928158-matt-lafleur-explains-packers-kicking-late-fg-in-5-point-loss-to-buccaneers

And of course we all know LeFleur inexplicably drafed Jordan Love in the 1st RD in 2019.  Team was probably checked out on him especially Rodgers...

But the Packers recovered.  Rodgers stayed.  The team finished with the best record in football and put together a better roster to do it.  They were a blocked punt from being home this week.  And I bet their fans feel the exact same way we do - but 2 years in a row now.  And yet we all know they'll be back.  

I think McD and his track record unlike LeFleur instills more confidence - because he built this from nothing.  LeFleur inherited that team and Rodgers.  And they'll be replacing an OC now to - Rodgers has had several.  

Bills - Packers 2023 Super Bowl.  

Edited by Big Blitz

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

It's probably not worse - but you could make the case it is.   

Coach (a 2nd year head coach coming off losing the 2020 NFCCG with a Hall of Fame QB that could have been playing his last game in GB that day) makes ridiculous call to kick a FG to go down 5 with 2:05 left instead of going for the TD and needing the exact same situation to unfold anyway - would still need his terrible Defense to stop Tom Brady then score a TD.  

The whole planet knew they weren't getting that stop.

Horrible.  The rational maybe worse - perhaps thats why we're just saying little:

"Yeah, anytime it doesn't work out, you always regret it, right? It was just the circumstances of having three shots and coming away with no yards and knowing that you not only need the touchdown, but you need the 2-point [conversion]. The way I was looking at it was, we essentially had four timeouts with the two-minute warning.

"We knew we needed to get a stop, and I thought we were going to have a stop there at the end, but we got called for [defensive pass interference] and it didn't work out. I think anytime something doesn't work out, do you regret it? Sure, but we're always going to be process-driven here, and the way our defense was battling, the way our defense was playing, it felt like it was the right decision to do. It just didn't work out."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2928158-matt-lafleur-explains-packers-kicking-late-fg-in-5-point-loss-to-buccaneers

And of course we all know LeFleur inexplicably drafed Jordan Love in the 1st RD in 2019.  Team was probably checked out on him especially Rodgers...

But the Packers recovered.  Rodgers stayed.  The team finished with the best record in football and put together a better roster to do it.  They were a blocked punt from being home this week.  And I bet their fans feel the exact same way we do - but 2 years in a row now.  And yet we all know they'll be back.  

I think McD and his track record unlike LeFleur instills more confidence - because he built this from nothing.  LeFleur inherited that team and Rodgers.  And they'll be replacing an OC now to - Rodgers has had several.  

Bills - Packers 2023 Super Bowl.  

Shooting Season 5 GIF by Insecure on HBO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.