Giants taking big chance no matter who they hire as next coach - lots of Daboll discussed

The 9 Isles

Giants taking big chance no matter who they hire as next coach

“A closer look at Daboll, 46, through the years reveals he is no miracle worker. He was the offensive coordinator for two years (2009 and 2010) with the Browns and they were 32nd and 29th in total offense, with Daboll calling plays for Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson and Seneca Wallace. One year later, Daboll ran the offense in Miami and the Dolphins improved 10 spots to 20th in the NFL with Matt Moore and Chad Henne at quarterback. With the Chiefs in 2012, Daboll’s offense was last in the league in scoring with Matt Cassel and Quinn running the plays Daboll signaled in”

• Like (+1) 1

What I’ve been saying Dabs he seems like a great guy isn’t some kind of offensive guru

Josh Allen who is the defacto offensive coordinator is going to make him a lot of money

I wish Brian well but if he goes to the gmen and is going from Josh to Daniel Jones it’s like going from a Ferrari to a Honda Civic with a bad muffler 

I’d be willing to take a risk on Daboll if I have a young QB I’m trying to build up.   Not sure if Jones is that.   Maybe they’ll make a move.  

Im not sure what to make of him given A) Allen’s off-season drive and B) Allen’s talent.   Some of these plays Allen makes are interceptions, sacks or broken up passes for other QB’s.  

I live downstate in Giant country. I feel it in my bones that Dabol is the wrong guy for this market. He doesn't have the Gravitas to deal with the media and very impatient fan base here. And Daniel Jones ain't Josh Allen (although some Big Blue fans cling to "Danny Dimes" and think he can be great) . I do wish they'd take Leslie Frazier.

I think Flores might do better here.

1 hour ago, The 9 Isles said:

Giants taking big chance no matter who they hire as next coach

“A closer look at Daboll, 46, through the years reveals he is no miracle worker. He was the offensive coordinator for two years (2009 and 2010) with the Browns and they were 32nd and 29th in total offense, with Daboll calling plays for Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson and Seneca Wallace. One year later, Daboll ran the offense in Miami and the Dolphins improved 10 spots to 20th in the NFL with Matt Moore and Chad Henne at quarterback. With the Chiefs in 2012, Daboll’s offense was last in the league in scoring with Matt Cassel and Quinn running the plays Daboll signaled in”

It’s funny by the narratives on Brian Daboll to change.  I remember when he was hired in Buffalo.  People took a look at his past stints, as this author did above, and came to the conclusion that he wasn’t any good.  

The word on Daboll was that he was a coordinator who wanted to run the ball more than he wanted to pass.   Yet true to his word Daboll said he believed in tailoring an offense to its players strengths which is what he did in Buffalo.  

And yes, having Josh as his QB definitely helped his cause, but Daboll was a huge part of Josh’s development from his pre-draft interview to today.  

No one know how he will be as a HC, but I think he deserves as much of a shot as most candidates today

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.