The 1-10 defense

Buffalo Barbarian

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That would have entailed a bunch of backups playing the most important snaps of the season. I would be very opposed to that.

Imo the problem was player execution and not necessarily the playcall. That defense on the Kelce catch looked like 2man but they gave up inside leverage  in trail technique which is wrong. 

Our defensive backups arent much worse than the starters and defensive lineman are of no value in this situation. For one or two plays i believe they would do fine especially paired with a starter.

16 minutes ago, Process said:

What, you don't like the "voluntarily play with 7 defenders" defense?

Say again ?

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I agree with everything except I would’ve used Epenesa instead of Rousseau. Epenesa seems more athletic 

I'm not sure about that, i saw Rousseau run down a lot of players with his speed plus he has more height to block passes

• Like (+1) 1

Mafia!  Everyone seems to have the same opinion and were all a genius!   

Fact of the matter is we should not all be sitting here giving our take on what would have been the better alternative for the Bills Coaching Staff on to what they should have done!   These rants even being apart of all our realities is the problem.  We should not know better then them!!!   The Coaches pour there heart and soul into this.  They Scheme and stay up all night- working on clock management and how to be better....  This is what they do every day of there life and we all just sit on the side lines.  

There is really no point in debating what they should have done or what they could have done!  The emphasis and focus should be on accountability.  Players mess up, drop passes,  Kickers miss kicks, Hail Mary Miracles can randomly happen.   In our instance and what transpired against the Chiefs is non debatable.  Gabe Davis did not drop the pass in the end zone,  Mckenzie didn't fumble and lose us the game,  Bass didn't shank a kick.   The COACHES Blew it *PERIOD*  everything else is irrelevant.  Our staff is excellent but also human.  They screwed up... would be nice to just hear Sean say that and we all just move on put it behind us.

When the entire Mafia including its Children could have made better decisions with :13 seconds left on how to stop a team from advancing... something went terribly wrong.  A colossal franchise defining screw job ( worse then Brett Heart in Montreal)  Its a nightmare but unfortunately all of our reality!  

The Coaching staff will learn and grow and I would bet everything that if this situation arises again the Bills players will be ready and put into a position to succeed. 

I think we have a chance to make history next year with a good draft and good FA.

Its possible we don't lose a game next year!   Very Serious

Josh Allen (Ride or Die)  For Life!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

To have 4 guys in the line and give Kelsey a free release is beyond dumb, what they could have/should have done is simply lock him and Hill down with 2 defenders each and tell them not to let either of them get beyond 5 yards, even if you have to tackle them. The penalty means nothing, it will be 5 yards and burned time, but our coaches are too simple minded to use the rules creatively.

4 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

To have 4 guys in the line and give Kelsey a free release is beyond dumb, what they could have/should have done is simply lock him and Hill down with 2 defenders each and tell them not to let either of them get beyond 5 yards, even if you have to tackle them. The penalty means nothing, it will be 5 yards and burned time, but our coaches are too simple minded to use the rules creatively.

It's already been discussed a 100 times that multiple intentional defensive holdings is a 15 yard penalty and resets the clock 

It would've given them the ball on the 40 with all the time remaining

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's already been discussed a 100 times that multiple intentional defensive holdings is a 15 yard penalty and resets the clock 

It would've given them the ball on the 40 with all the time remaining

First of all, you only had to do it once, if you feel compelled to do it again, Make them call it intentional.. you let them off the line 15 yards before defending, might as well at least try to slow them down.

Edited by DCofNC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.