I need help with my coping mechanism...

Long Suffering Fan

One way that helps me deal with difficult situations is humor.  (I know, first world problems, the most difficult thing I have had to deal with in the last week was the heart-breaking loss of my football team, but still.)  A little gallows humor is not a bad thing.  So, I thought a poem would be in order and, let's face it, this is not a haiku day.  No, only a limerick fits how I feel.  Here was my first pass:

There once was a team named the Bills

Who seemingly scored at their wills

They played Kansas City

The result wasn't pretty

Now all of their fans have the ills

Ehhhh...weak...not terrible for 2 minutes of work, but the middle is soooo generic and doesn't capture my true feeling.  This has led to my next iteration:

With 13 remaining

Our defensive coordinator lost his freaking mind and made possibly the two worst and most non-sensical defensive calls in the history of football

This captures my feeling a lot better, but I have a vague feeling that I might be forcing it to fit just a little.

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

One way that helps me deal with difficult situations is humor.  (I know, first world problems, the most difficult thing I have had to deal with in the last week was the heart-breaking loss of my football team, but still.)  A little gallows humor is not a bad thing.  So, I thought a poem would be in order and, let's face it, this is not a haiku day.  No, only a limerick fits how I feel.  Here was my first pass:

They played Kansas City

The result wasn't pretty

Ehhhh...weak...not terrible for 2 minutes of work, but the middle is soooo generic and doesn't capture my true feeling.  This has led to my next iteration:

With 13 remaining

Our defensive coordinator lost his freaking mind and made possibly the two worst and most non-sensical defensive calls in the history of football

This captures my feeling a lot better, but I have a vague feeling that I might be forcing it to fit just a little.

I like it!!  

We will find out soon if our owner/gm is committed to winning, or just being "good", ala 1990's Dolphins.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

They played Kansas City

The result wasn't pretty

With 13 remaining

I like the structure of the first one. I'd tweak it slightly to reflect my own feelings:

They played Kansas City
But the coaching was $hitty
And now I am green in the gills.

- Or how about -

For some unknowable reason
In the biggest game of the season

The coach lost his head
and his team crapped the bed

leaving all of the Mafia grievin'

- one more -

When football history beckoned

with a tough choice the head coach did reckon, 
but he made the wrong call

most egregious of all
He blew it in just thirteen seconds

Edited by Logic
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.