Pre game bar advice, from those in the know

Bills fan since 87

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

I flew in a few years ago for a Sunday game and made a point of going to Big Tree on Friday or Saturday just because it’s so iconic. I had heard all the old tales, but had never been inside. I’m glad I went, and I’m glad it was NOT on a game day. I can’t imagine a game day, especially on a night with wind chills below zero. 

Good luck to everyone attending. Proud of our Bills fans and the lengths they will go to to support our team! Prepare, stay safe, make NOISE and help bring home the WIN! 

I hung out at the Big Tree on the Saturday before the opener this year and had a freaking Blast!  That place is definitely a staple in Buffalo Bills culture!

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Most of those bars are crazy before the games (and even crazier / stranger AFTER the gameS), but give it a whirl - or wander the RV lot or Hammers and find someone with a TV.  I guarantee there will be a few around, and with people that want to make new friends, just bring gifts to offer.

Regardless have fun, it's going to be a hell a of day and night!!

GO BILLS!

Serious question: I know my iPhone will cut off if it gets too hot (and I’m told too cold). I wonder if a TV can even work in those temps? The least of my worries (after, ya know, fingers and toes) but your post made me wonder.  🤷‍♂️

Gonna be a shorter than usual pre-game for many, but maybe that’s not ALL bad for a night game. Just arrive safe! 

12 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I hung out at the Big Tree on the Saturday before the opener this year and had a freaking Blast!  That place is definitely a staple in Buffalo Bills culture!

I think I was there on a Friday, mid-afternoon and early happy hour. I had my lunch while a bunch of guys were having beers and laughing. All the regulars and staff knew each other well, it was clear. It felt quintessential “Buffalo”. It was awesome

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Sorry, I had to chose between a laugh and a barf, and it wasn’t even close! 

Glad I got some retribution for last night's nightmares... I just want to make sure everyone knows how you like your Bourbon:lol:

39 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This probably explains why I couldn't get a drink at the bar

You sure it wasn't because you left your wallet in your Uber and they saw you coming a mile away?:wub:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.