Favre speaks up about holdouts...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2052709

Brief Synopsis:

Javon walker has 2 years left on his rookie contract and is holding out for a new contract. No surprise his agent is Rosenhaus. Favre said he doesnt want walker holding out, it makes him look bad and doesnt sit well with the team. Said you signed a contract, honor it. Also said if walker continues to hold out, the pack can go on without him and Favre would like to see GB go in another direction.

Walker, i have lost a lot of respect for you as a fellow 'nole.

Its great to see a guy like favre stand up and tell walker exactly what he thinks about holding out...we need more team players in the NFL to do this type of thing and tell holdouts to shove it, and stop this agent-run NFL BS...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, while walker is a top 5 WR in the league and being paid crap - i love that favre called him out. great to see a peer put the pressure on yet another greedy as$whip money monger robot of a lawyer scum agent. favre's last season and he wants his team all together. i hope his OL can protect him - with their losses...

When Sam Cowart played for the Bills, he honored his contract, kept a low profile and excelled at his position. That was until injuries dragged him down. Cowart used to have 10 - 12 tackles a game. I remember reading about him in SHOUT as a great player for the Bills. I was rpoud that a Nole was doing so good for the Bills. After Friggin Lonnie the Noles needed to right that wrong.

Walker should reconsider his holdout. It doesn't help his team if it goes on any longer.

Favre should mind his own business.

327790[/snapback]

is am of this opinion also.

I like Favre....but,..when it comes to how much another player makes and how they go about getting to that dollar....is none of his business.

i know it is his business in that he wants to win...and they need Walker to have a good year to be successful, but i hate when a big name player dogs a teammate in the press about a contract.

Favre should mind his own business.

327790[/snapback]

What will you think if/when McGahee holds out, regardless of the fact that the Bills gave him a big chance when others wouldn't?

I would like to see an analysis of the careers of guys who hold out, post-holdout. So many have been disappointing (I'm thinking of guys like Joey Galloway). I'd even argue Lawyer Milloy is not nearly the player he was before his holdout.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Nobody forced these guys to sign contracts at gunpoint. And if you really think your pay should be performance-based, insist on incentives.

He's a team leader, and not having one of his receivers in camp, makes it his business.

327860[/snapback]

He wasn't in camp either. Totally different situation I understand but it's the pot calling the kettle black.

What will you think if/when McGahee holds out, regardless of the fact that the Bills gave him a big chance when others wouldn't?

I would like to see an analysis of the careers of guys who hold out, post-holdout.  So many have been disappointing (I'm thinking of guys like Joey Galloway).  I'd even argue Lawyer Milloy is not nearly the player he was before his holdout.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.  Nobody forced these guys to sign contracts at gunpoint.  And if you really think your pay should be performance-based, insist on incentives.

327863[/snapback]

Remember Errict Rhett? His holdout worked wonders for his career also.

1. to allow players to hold out as they choose, is like letting the inmates run the jail; 2. the agents are the puppeteers here, so they are the ones who get the players to do their will; 3. while it is a business (and player must be paid for how good they are) it is the team that takes the chance on a guy and teaches him the game, and lets BRETT FAVRE (the best) throw to him and then creates a contract with him and build the player up as a person (as a 22 yr old). so players should shut the phuck up and play out their contracts and other players with integrtiy like favre (10 + yr vet) should be able to voice their views re: greed, tackyness and etc. favre has seen A TON of his fellow all pro leave the bay and the league is getting watered down by this - free agenting. look at baseball - which is a sham. guy hitting 250% get $10 million! think the nfl agents want MLB type money? yup...

Favre was excused, Walker was not.

327868[/snapback]

I understood that. But he still wasn't there. So Walker should do as Brett says not as he does? The same Favre that says I may or may not retire this year for the last five years leaving his team in limbo every year?

Remember Errict Rhett? His holdout worked wonders for his career also.

327866[/snapback]

How bout this review of Drews book from Amazon:

A Good Reason Why Book Burning Should Return,

Reviewer: A reader

Should be entitled, "Way Too Many Pages About Why I love myself." Rosenhaus is an egomaniac who revels in his self-absorption. This book has no redeeming value, except as a substitute for Syrup of Ipicac. While Rosenhaus gloats about the athletes he has somehow convinced to hire him, he makes no mention of the careers he has ruined, such as that of Errict Rhett, a top NFL running back who Rosenhaus advised sit out an NFL season rather than honor the binding contract Rhett had with an NFL team. As a result, Rhett lost a year of pay, was demoted to second team the following year when he returned, was traded to another team, where he is presently collecting splinters in his rear. This type of ignorant greed is nowhere to be found in this worthless, self-lovefest of a book.

How bout this review of Drews book from Amazon:

A Good Reason Why Book Burning Should Return,

Reviewer: A reader

Should be entitled, "Way Too Many Pages About Why I love myself." Rosenhaus is an egomaniac who revels in his self-absorption. This book has no redeeming value, except as a substitute for Syrup of Ipicac.

327884[/snapback]

:doh: That's funny!