The obligatory, annual what will your New Year’s resolution be thread. What is the previous poster’s resolution?

BuffaloBill

Ok to make this a bit more interesting, put your New Year’s resolution down but then make up one for the previous poster. You can also add details on how many milliseconds, seconds, minutes the previous poster will hold to their resolution(s).

As for me I plan to cut way back on sugar and sugary foods. Over the last several years I have done things like this:

• The wife and I are nearly vegetarian (Pescatarian to be technically correct)
  • I gave up alcohol years ago
  • I ditched diet soda (all soda really) - though will very occasionally have one

I will probably stick to the sugar thing for the most part. As I have gotten older I don’t burn off the carbs as well. It’s just time to do this.

What’s your resolution for 2022?

I quit drinking 6 months ago. (6 months and three days to be exact, but who’s counting). I was just getting really sick of the hangovers, which were getting worse by magnitudes. A couple observations: turns out I’m a morning person; I haven’t had heartburn in 6 months; I didn’t lose any weight because I felt like I “deserved” to eat what I wanted. I haven’t gained weight but I’m a little pissed I didn’t chill with the food intake; Bills games are FAR more stressful without my friend Tito by my side. 

So, quitting drinking covers me for resolutions for the next decade. 

My resolution for you: finally start calling me “Sir Stojan the Great.” 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I quit drinking 6 months ago. (6 months and three days to be exact, but who’s counting). I was just getting really sick of the hangovers, which were getting worse by magnitudes. A couple observations: turns out I’m a morning person; I haven’t had heartburn in 6 months; I didn’t lose any weight because I felt like I “deserved” to eat what I wanted. I haven’t gained weight but I’m a little pissed I didn’t chill with the food intake; Bills games are FAR more stressful without my friend Tito by my side. 

So, quitting drinking covers me for resolutions for the next decade. 

My resolution for you: finally start calling me “Sir Stojan the Great.” 

Sir Stojan the Great …. Congrats on the cessation of drinking. 

• Like (+1) 1

For me, my 2021 resolutions came late: losing weight, and getting alcohol consumption under control.  I didn't start until Easter 2021 where, by that point, depression, obesity, apnea, and migraines had all kicked in with a vengeance.  Plus I had zero energy.  I can still have a couple glasses of wine, and I did yesterday, but finally, after about 6 years of it, I managed to stop binge drinking.  And from there, and of changing diet to a more Whole 30 / semi vegan model, I lost about 100lbs.  Apnea gone.  Migraines gone.  (I have a ton of recipes to share if people are interested in a diet change to the similar.)

For 2022, I have three: (1) start exercising on the regular, (2) finish cleaning the basement and re-doing all of the electrical down there, and (3) fully streamline (i.e. give away) my massive amount of musical gear, where a lot of it I no longer use and it's taking up space.

I'm not going to make resolutions for anybody else, 'cause the easy resolution would be to suggest that they don't watch and Bills' football in 2022 -- and really, I'm not a sadist.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/3/2022 at 2:53 AM, unbillievable said:

Get rid of everything I haven't used in the last 5years.

For me…I hereby resolve to improve on my already magnetic personality.

unbillievable hereby resolves to still not follow directions & he’s keeping all the junk he’s accumulated over the past 5 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.