Who are the 2021 Bills?

Mikie2times

I remember a few months back, one poster put up "Are the Pats a real threat?" as the subject line. Most laughed off the topic all together.

Then this week, leading up to the rematch very few people gave the Bills a chance.

The swing in sentiment really drives home just how inconsistent the season has been. That said, I think the Bills have finally showed us all phases in 2021 with such a quality win at this point in the season. 

It's been hard to get a read on this team for a lot of reasons. Fundamental ones like ability to run and stop the run, pass block, then situational ones, like consistency, winning closer games, winning against better teams. So far we had the KC win and that was about it as far as upper echelon W's. Then we had a lot of close losses. We needed a win in a game that really mattered against a good team and that's what we got. It was, as far as I could see, the best performance of the year by this team. We didn't punt, I think that says enough about the level of dominance.  

So are we a flawed team? 100%, we can struggle with both sides of the run game and the OL has really put us at risk at times.

Can flawed teams win Super Bowls? Sure, plenty of examples of teams getting hot late that never reached those heights in the regular season. 

Can flawed teams lose against teams they shouldn't? Sure, we saw it prevent a playoff birth against the Steelers back up's and grant us one by the graces of Andy Daltons magical arm.

Lastly, can flawed teams become more inconsistent where they're consistently praised in the media? Hell yes. Make no mistake, we took most teams best punch this year. It was not like 2020. Nothing was going to be given to us this year and defenses were going to scheme the hell out of Josh's 2020 tape. 

In sum, don't forget what you have seen because it matters. The Patriots game was huge, but it doesn't erase what we have seen. Let us also not forget that we were the trendy SB pick for a lot of this season and just because it became less trendy doesn't mean it wasn't with good reason. While a lot of people on the board are pondering who they rather wouldn't see in the playoffs, I have a good feeling most opposing fans have us on that list. I certainly wouldn't want to play us. 

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/players-roster/

Here's the roster so you can familiarize yourself with Bills players. 

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

This is who they are. Names and jersey numbers included. You're welcome.

https://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalo-bills/roster

Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

1 minute ago, teef said:

i'm thinking of spamming this thread with pictures of my junk.

The threads already too big, your junk would get lost 

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Then this week, leading up to the rematch very few people gave the Bills a chance.

There were a number of us here who expected the Bills to win that game.

I expected the Bills to win by a larger margin than they did.   But I did expect that sort of dominance.

No surprise for me.    And I expect them to win the next two also as long as we don't lose too many of the wrong players to freaking COVID.

They are still the same team I thought they were (well except for that worse than expected O-line).   I still say, unleash Josh Allen and watch him dominate every defense he faces.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.