espn....typical

Thanks AD!!! She is pure class!  <_<

I hope to see some "liberal" feedback about this obvious racially insensitive remark.  :D

327361[/snapback]

Don't worry. They'll be all up in arms about it until it comes to pulling the lever next to her name. :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry.  They'll be all up in arms about it until it comes to pulling the lever next to her name.  <_<

327369[/snapback]

Honestly, I think that it is even worse than that. I think that they will write is off as "all in fun," and accuse conservatives of having "no sense of humor." This if they have the courage/inclination to respond at all.

Btw, I agree with you. I would be very wary of a man this stupid coaching my children.

In sports on the scholastic level, it puts players in an awkward situation.

Keep your mouth shut, and you might play, because the coach controls that.

Tell the coach to F...Off because he talks like that, and you might not play.

I played ball with a black kid on an all white team. Coach called him

Buckwheat. I never knew it bothered the kid until I met him years later, we

had a few beers and he

then told me what the coach

thought was fun, he thought was a daily humiliation,. He never said anything to the guy because it might have jepordized his scholarship chances.

I asked, "why didn't you ever say anything?"

He said, "If a man is dumb enough to call a black man buckwheat, why do you think I would trust that man to talk about anything."

Fire the guy's ass! obviously the man thinks he has met N***** that have played for him, because he has the great ability to spot the difference.

And yet members of the black community use it every day. EVERY DAY.

So it really can't be all that hurtful, now can it?

Does your wife ever say "son of a B word?". Can I call her a dumb B word without you or her getting worked up? Because it can't be all that hurtful, now can it?

And as for the Hillary Clinton, she told a joke that had a punch line about ghandi running a gas station. It's a far cry from using a racial slur against Indians.

I'm the last person to be PC about this stuff, but if you drop the N bomb to a reporter from ESPN, you are an idiot.

Coming around?  I've always thought this way.  There are few transgressions I'm not willing to give someone a break for but this is one of them.  Wouldn't have mattered if it were a person of color ripping another race, either.

327326[/snapback]

I hear you.

I added the wink, wink... I know where you stand. We have our disagreements but, through the years I have come to know you as always a person who knows what the "right", "honorable" thing is. You are probably the most consistent person here when it comes to those ideals.

Thanks AD!!! She is pure class!  <_<

I hope to see some "liberal" feedback about this obvious racially insensitive remark.  :D

327361[/snapback]

I never heard the story. What she said was wrong. Let the voters decide. I am not saying that I wouldn't vote for her though... What I am saying is that it is bad that she has these personal flaws... But, given the final choice between her and others of different idealogies, I still stay with her. Her good outwieghs my displeasure in what she said. Yet, I am just one voter. If others are swayed away by her callous remarks, I respect that and she deserves to be dumped.

A football coach has a lot fewer people deciding their fate... It is still in their hands. Their job is also a lot narrower in scope. Their are also other viable replacements that wouldn't miss a step where that football coach left off with the exception on the remark.

Politics, there is more at stake and a bigger disparity between the players and wannabees.

I have no problem watching ANY politician fall because of their OWN misstep.

I am not gonna be swayed by emotion, and do a 180 idealogically. To me that is throwing the "baby out with the bathwater."

But, that is what you want?

Don't worry.  They'll be all up in arms about it until it comes to pulling the lever next to her name.  <_<

327369[/snapback]

Read my reply above... I think it explains what you said?

It is just not an earth changing thing for me to switch politically. Other professions wouldn't miss a step.

Read my reply above... I think it explains what you said?

It is just not an earth changing thing for me to switch politically.  Other professions wouldn't miss a step.

327465[/snapback]

Except it ignores the fact that she's only what she seems on the outside - which isn't where it matters. Therein lies the biggest problem with the entire system. You and others vote for an ideology that doesn't come close to existing in practice.

Stats quo! Let's Go! <_<

Honestly, I think that it is even worse than that. I think that they will write is off as "all in fun," and accuse conservatives of having "no sense of humor." This if they have the courage/inclination to respond at all.

Btw, I agree with you. I would be very wary of a man this stupid coaching my children.

327374[/snapback]

No it is not all in fun! I think Mario Cuomo said something about how comments like this are even worse when spoke at the dinner table, in the privacy of your home... More inscidious?

The problem is that at the voting booth... The drop-off in candidates far out weighs her awful statement.

Again, with either party, why "throw the baby out with the bathwater?"

We are talking about a football coach and players he directly has POWER OVER... A politicain REPRESENTS YOU (by winning the majority vote--- which might no be you but, you respect that).

Whose to say the shopowners won't vote against her?

Except it ignores the fact that she's only what she seems on the outside - which isn't where it matters.  Therein lies the biggest problem with the entire system.  You and others vote for an ideology that doesn't come close to existing in practice. 

Stats quo!  Let's Go!   <_<

327470[/snapback]

In that respect I AM A LEMMING! Same with the conservative/liberatarian side. I don't see collaboration coming out of unlimited factions.

Your argument doesn't hold any weight.  I'm sure people are tolerant of this coach as a white man.  They don't have to be tolerant of his actions.  I think most people know what that word means out of the mouth of a white person, and I'm sure you do, too.  It was at the very least stupid for him to use it, and it rightly made him look stupid.  What the hell does race have to do with this, anyway?  He could have just said "some players are idiots, my players are smart" and it would have meant the same thing he meant to say.

I wouldn't want my kids playing for a guy who said stuff like this, and I would want them to call him out on it and refuse to play if he did.

326829[/snapback]

Hey- as someone who has been involved in education, I agree with you wholeheartedly....but, the man has a sterling record (and I dont mean just W/L), are we t let one slip of the tongue overshadow his life's work? He has no history that indicates that that one comment is what he is about

Free speech, baby. It's the same set of rights that allows arseholes like Farrakhan and Sharpton to speak out against whitey.

327097[/snapback]

The problem with free speech is that some people think it means that you are allowed to say whatever you want, whenever you want, with no consequences. It merely means that the government cannot pass a law abridging speech. I wish the constitution would be clarified, so that the people who keep extending their rights can no longer do so...this is off topic thoug, just a rant

The "N-word" is a verbal swastika.  The connotations of the word are too extreme and cut too deep for it to ever be uttered in jest, or tossed around with indiscretion.  I can't believe some of you are so anti-PC that you would go out of your way to defend it's usage.

There is absolutely no reason for someone in his capacity to utter that word, tape rolling or otherwise.

327173[/snapback]

I couldnt agree more- the very saying of "N-word" without saying it offends me, no matter what color the person saying it is

No it is not all in fun!  I think Mario Cuomo said something about how comments like this are even worse when spoke at the dinner table, in the privacy of your home... More inscidious?

The problem is that at the voting booth... The drop-off in candidates far out weighs her awful statement.

Again, with either party, why "throw the baby out with the bathwater?"

We are talking about a football coach and players he directly has POWER OVER... A politicain REPRESENTS YOU (by winning the majority vote--- which might no be you but, you respect that).

Whose to say the shopowners won't vote against her?

327471[/snapback]

>>>>>Whose to say the shopowners won't vote against her?<<<<<

Ah but EIL, why should ONLY shopowners be that offended by her racist remark? Shouldn't we all be somewhat miffed? Besides, are all Indians shopowners?

Believe me, I do NOT aim this remark at you personally. You have made clear your disdain for her comment.

What I offer is that this is the same Hillary who was leading the charge against Trent Lott (an admitted idiot). Why has the huge majority of the left just written off HER racist statement as all in fun, etc.?

Answer: Because they are holier than thou, rule-making, behavior controlling, self-absorbed, tax increasing hypocrites, and I think that many voters see this from a mile away, thus the imbalance of power.

And as for the Hillary Clinton, she told a joke that had a punch line about ghandi running a gas station. It's a far cry from using a racial slur against Indians.

The problem is that other people have said LESS and have had their careers ruined and their lives changed forever. Meanwhile, she walked away from that episode without a scratch.

You honestly think that say, Bill Frist made a similar comment he wouldnt be crucified?

The problem is that other people have said LESS and have had their careers ruined and their lives changed forever. Meanwhile, she walked away from that episode without a scratch.

You honestly think that say, Bill Frist made a similar comment he wouldnt be crucified?

327689[/snapback]

Exactly. Here's the thing that just burns me up....a white coach uses the word once in public, he gets fired. jay-Z puts out his latest hip-hop album, uses the word 1500 times on said album and makes millions off it.

And don't give me it's an ethnic thing, either. If that word is considered a "verbal swastika", no one should use it. Just all part of leftist hypocrisy.

Exactly. Here's the thing that just burns me up....a white coach uses the word once in public, he gets fired. jay-Z puts out his latest hip-hop album, uses the word 1500 times on said album and makes millions off it.

And don't give me it's an ethnic thing, either. If that word is considered a "verbal swastika", no one should use it. Just all part of leftist hypocrisy.

327694[/snapback]

The problem is, who is calling Jay-Z on this one? Nobody, because there is plenty of money to be made just the way things are.

I don't understand the leftist hypocrisy part of your statement so much. If you are saying that the left aligns itself with the hip-hop community uncritically, that might be going too far.

Personally, I do consider the word a verbal swastika, but I welcome conversation about it because it brings out into the open what it has meant and what continued use of it disguises (in the same way that Darin talked about it with his basketball teammates). Use of that word hurts most the people who use it, and to me, an admitted outsider, the black community deep down is hurting itself by using it. I think the discussion about it can be interesting, though.

However, I think in the public discourse, straight-up use of the word from a white person to actually name another person or a group does not serve any good purpose. That's where I think this coach is in the wrong. There was no good reason for him to use it. He was "free" to, of course, but he certainly deserves any scrutiny he gets because of it. If the University feels that they don't want someone representing them who speaks like this, then they are free to terminate him -- just as in the same way, if you were speaking as a representative of your workplace and said something that put them in a bad light.