I think JP has what it takes.

kota

Yes, I know that he hasn't played a real game yet. Yes I know he is basically a rookie. I just have this feeling about him. No it isn't a sexual thing.

Over the last couple of weeks i have read article after acticle about his dedication to the game. JP seems to have the drive, and passion to succeed in the NFL. He shows up to Buffalo early and works six days a week. I am sure someone will reply that "He was a first round pick and getting paid millions he should." That is a good arguement but how many NFL players actually do that? Most work out in the offseason but I think JP has gone beyond that.

In my mind JP has put the entire offense and organization on his shoulders. This speaks volumns for his character and leadership ability. He was compared to Tom Brady this past weekend about his work ethic. Most people dislike Brady and call him a product of the system. Tom Brady is a good QB. He has a decent arm and can read defenses. Tom Brady also has the Charisma to make the people around him better. Tom Brady became who he is because he is the first one to the stadium and the last one to leave. It is pretty cut and dry. Leadership is a product of respect from others. How can you not respect someone like that?

If JP knows our offense like he says and the opposing defensive schemes his natural talent will take over. If he makes them flow together i think he will be turning alot of heads this next season.

I also love the fact that JP had the balls to say "Hey, I'm not Rob Johnson. So I think it's time to put that comparison to rest."

I love the guts he has shown already.

Like that sports banquet, where some say "oh, JP called out some little kid...". But he's a guy about 6 or 7 years older than those 250 athletes at the banquet. Do you guys realize how mean teenagers can be? Especially athletes. I thought it took a lot of guts, because JP was nervous himself, and vastly outnumbered. It's a pressure situation, and he handled it.

I really like his style, his work ethic, the whole package.

Yes, I know that he hasn't played a real game yet.  Yes I know he is basically a rookie.  I just have this feeling about him.  No it isn't a sexual thing.

"Methinks..."

Seriously though, I don't know how JP will do, but he has the physical tools, the mentality, and the work ethic. He also has some excellent coaches. Those are great foundations from which to build.

He siad in that interview that his Dad poured concrete for a living. That is one tough job. His Dad will be tough as nails and in top physical condition.

I'm assuming that toughness will transfer to JP as well. I wonder if JP helps his Dad makes forms and floats the cream with his trowel when he visits home? (A little concrete pouring humor there, no it's not sexual, so shut up !)

He siad in that interview that his Dad poured concrete for a living. That is one tough job. His Dad will be tough as nails and in top physical condition.

I'm assuming that toughness will transfer to JP as well. I wonder if JP helps his Dad makes forms and floats the cream with his trowel when he visits home? (A little concrete pouring humor there, no it's not sexual, so shut up !)

326473[/snapback]

pouring concrete....oh the fun I had last summer. :angry:

I especially enjoyed it when the pouring site was up a hill or up some steps from where the mixer stopped. Nothing like pushing a wheelbarrow full of cement up 6-8 steps while trying to balance it on a 2x6.... :blink:

much, much respect to those who do that for a living

Can he make quick, accurate decisions under pressure? I have no freakin' idea. Neither do you, neither do the coaches, neither does J.P... once we find that out, we can start pouring on the accolades. Until then, he's just a nice, competitive kid with a great work ethic. It's a start, for sure, but it doesn't translate to wins on Sundays.

Can he make quick, accurate decisions under pressure?  I have no freakin' idea.  Neither do you, neither do the coaches, neither does J.P... once we find that out, we can start pouring on the accolades.  Until then, he's just a nice, competitive kid with a great work ethic.  It's a start, for sure, but it doesn't translate to wins on Sundays.

326489[/snapback]

Exactly. Leading into the 2001 season, the local press fellated Rob Johnson just as much as they're doing to Losman now. RJ was known as a gym rat, had a great work ethic, and the coaches at the time had to literally kick RJ out of the complex at night so they could go home. Also, RJ looked great in the mini camps leading into that season, too, if I recall correctly.

And RJ certainly had the physical tools, no doubt about it, but he couldn't do Poops McGee when he was under pressure.

It should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway: I don't think Losman is going to be "another RJ." Merely that the Buffalo News is incredibly fickle and you can't really judge a player until you've seen them under real pressure.

You're better than this. Don't fall prey to the preseason articles. They do nothing but gush over any and every player.

Personally, I'll have a "feeling" about him after 8 games.

Yes, I know that he hasn't played a real game yet.  Yes I know he is basically a rookie.  I just have this feeling about him.  No it isn't a sexual thing.

Over the last couple of weeks i have read article after acticle about his dedication to the game.  JP seems to have the drive, and passion to succeed in the NFL. 

326396[/snapback]

Over the last couple of weeks i have read article after acticle about his dedication to the game.  JP seems to have the drive, and passion to succeed in the NFL.  He shows up to Buffalo early and works six days a week.  I am sure someone will reply that "He was a first round pick and getting paid millions he should."  That is a good arguement but how many NFL players actually do that?  Most work out in the offseason but I think JP has gone beyond that. 

In my mind JP has put the entire offense and organization on his shoulders.  This speaks volumns for his character and leadership ability.  He was compared to Tom Brady this past weekend about his work ethic.  Most people dislike Brady and call him a product of the system.  Tom Brady is a good QB.  He has a decent arm and can read defenses.  Tom Brady also has the Charisma to make the people around him better.  Tom Brady became who he is because he is the first one to the stadium and the last one to leave.  It is pretty cut and dry.  Leadership is a product of respect from others.  How can you not respect someone like that?

If JP knows our offense like he says and the opposing defensive schemes his natural talent will take over.  If he makes them flow together i think he will be turning alot of heads this next season.

326396[/snapback]

I hope you are right but I have been through too many off seasons where we serenaded ourselves with how impressed we were with some unproven talent because at this point in the off season, there is little else to do. I remember similar comments and analysis about a number of guys who ended up being worse than useless.

Basically, we know nothing or next to nothing about our future at QB. JP is simply an unknown quantity right now as is the rest of the team. We need data and we won't have much until camp opens. I am glad you like him and I certainly hope you are right about him. For me, I need to see it on the field.

The only harm I see in this kind of speculation is that unreasonable expectations for his performance will build to the point where nothing he does on the field will live up to those expectations.

Change is always exciting though, you have to admit. Gawd, anything that stops the whole Bledsoe debating society that has dominated talk about the Bills has my support.

Why can't we be excited? I have no problem getting all "jacked up" and excited to see this kid play. Will he be great? Who knows, but I believe he will do everything in his power to help the Bills win. What more can we ask for!

He's going to be awesome all mini-camp and likely through the preseason as well.  Anyone care to guess why?

327099[/snapback]

Because our team sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love how simple stories like this get altered the more times they are told.......

wasn't it a school assembly?

327058[/snapback]

Actually, it was the St. John Fisher College's 5th Annual Conference on Sportsmanship, not a sports banquet as I had called it.

BTW, it's the origin of the "Big Cat" you may have seen around here.St. John Fisher College's 5th Annual Conference on Sportsmanship