RBs or Lack Of

billsfan_34

2 hours ago, bmur66 said:

If you have 3 running backs, you don’t have a running back.

Amen....last night our 3 headed rb machine had 60 yards on 19 caries.....3.1

If you take out Devin's 17 yard run they averaged 2.38 yards per carry. Pathetic....dump them all this offseason and start over. New OL.....New RB's....

19 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The fact that Najee Harris who may just be offensive rookie of the year was just 5 picks from the bills pick still haunts me 

Its no big secret that i wanted Harris. The Steelers in desperate need of a running game grabbed him instead......can you imagine that, actually drafting for need?

And as much as it pains me to say it, Mac Jones will be O rookie of the year......the media are already calling him "baby GOAT".....(puke)

11 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Oh I totally agree. 100%. I wanted ettienne in the worst way. Thought he would complete this offense. Give us a dynamic playmaker in the run game as well as the passing game. Well he was picked before us, but I still think they targeted Rousseau. 

In the second round, there is no excuse for dipping into DE again. They seemed to consider moving up a few spots to get Basham. He was their guy. We could have have had Creed Humphery. Imagine how that would change our offensive line. Just from one pick. 

10 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I agree with you about Creed Humphrey watching him Sunday night against Denver’s pretty good D he looked fantastic 

Buffalo was the pick before Kansas City, so they could have trumped any pick/trade the Chiefs made.  It’s interesting to compare what that would have looked like.

1st round pick was traded to the Ravens for LT Orlando Brown Jr.  He’s 24 and a 2x Pro Bowler who is a mauler in the running game.  IMO he’d be a perfect fit in Buffalo.  Kansas City also got a second round pick in return and gave up a 3rd round pick.

2nd round pick from Baltimore was used on MLB Nick Bolton who was a day 1 starter.  He’s been great against the run but needs work against the pass.  

2nd round pick C Creed Humphrey has been arguably the best Center in the league since day 1 and has played every snap.

6th round pick RG Trey Smith was a day 1 starter and has been excellent.

(4th round pick was a developmental DE who hasn’t done much.  5th round was a TE who has played limited but increasing snaps.  Other 5th round pick was a WR is on the practice squad.)

Basically Beane could have rebuilt the O-line and added a LB who would have allowed them to play a base 4-3 while moving Edmunds to the WLB that he’s more suited for IMO.

Obviously it’s way too early to make a final judgement, but it is interesting to see how two teams in very similar situations went about spending their draft assets.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.