Anything new to report (Everett injury)?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills | Everett Has Torn ACL, Likely to Miss Season - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 2 May 2005 10:53:00 -0700

Updating a previous report, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Buffalo Bills rookie TE Kevin Everett (knee), the team's third-round draft choice, suffered a torn ACL in his left knee during a minicamp practice Friday, April 29. Everett is scheduled to undergo surgery later this week and is likely headed toward the Injured Reserve list, effectively ending his season.

That sucks!

at least he hurt himself playing football.

Cleveland's Kellen Winslow ran his motorbike into a curb yesteday and sent himself over the handlebars

Injury status unknown but he was taken to the hospital in an ambulance.

oh, BTW he WAS wearing a helmet

but....uh.....it flew off 'cause he hadn't strapped it on :blink:

This year's Darwin Award nominees include an angry boyfriend who tried to break the windshield of his former grilsfriend's car with his shotgun

BLAM!

no more boyfriend.

you can't make this SHi@@ up

Updating a previous report, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Buffalo Bills rookie TE Kevin Everett (knee), the team's third-round draft choice, suffered a torn ACL in his left knee during a minicamp practice Friday, April 29. Everett is scheduled to undergo surgery later this week and is likely headed toward the Injured Reserve list, effectively ending his season.

That sucks!

325666[/snapback]

:blink:

i had high hopes for him

Fuggin' terrible.

How does something like this work for him financially? I persume he hadn't signed a contract yet.

325680[/snapback]

The Bills have to take out an insurance policy and the player is the beneficiary. I am not sure on the amount but it is probably covered in the CBA.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

its also listed on ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2051662

Bills' third-round draft pick out for the year

Pardon the Buffalo Bills if they feel a bit snake-bitten at tight end.

With veteran tight ends Mark Campbell and Tim Euhus still rehabilitating from offseason knee surgeries, the youngster selected in the 2005 draft to provide some insurance at the position, third-round choice Kevin Everett, likely will miss his entire rookie season with a knee injury sustained over the weekend.

ESPN.com confirmed that Everett tore the anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee in a Friday practice. The former University of Miami standout is expected to undergo surgery later this week, possibly as early as Wednesday. Team officials and Everett's agent, Brian Overstreet, are discussing which surgeon will perform the procedure.

Given the typical recovery time for such injuries, the Bills will almost certainly, at some point before the season, place Everett, the 86th prospect chosen overall in the draft, on injured reserve.

"It's a setback, no doubt, but Kevin will overcome this," Overstreet said. "He still has a very bright future in the league. And the Bills people have been terrific with him. He is still a big part of their plans."

Typical of most rookies, who have not yet agreed to contracts when they report to NFL minicamps, Everett signed an agreement that protected him against an injury during the weekend workouts. Overstreet said he is confident the Bills will still negotiate a market value contract for his client. The 86th player chosen in 2004 signed a three-year contract that included a $458,000 signing bonus and minimum base salaries.

The injury occurred when Everett made a reception, and then turned to cut upfield, with his foot apparently catching in the turf. He crumpled to the ground and was subsequently removed from the field in a cart. The team announced that Everett suffered a twisted knee and coach Mike Mularkey said the Bills would wait until swelling subsided before making a more detailed diagnosis.

Rest of the article ->http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...TC-DT9705204233

Someone cried when Hulk Hogan retired.  :blink:

325649[/snapback]

lol....come on now, you know DAMN WELL that any real Bills fan who saw Jimbo's HOF induction cried, or came damn close to it. Maybe not the newer Bills fans, but anyone who was with this team from the late 80s onward. Hell, I got choked up big time when Jimbo was up there and you could see Thurman, Bruce, etc. in the audience sharing it with him - and us. That was awesome! I know it's not the same as the Hulk Hogan thing, but still......anytime you grow an attachment to something or someone over that length of time, it's going to be emotional to see it go away, you know? Some of you fuggers on here like to pretend you're all manly and immune to feeling a little soft at times.....YOU'RE NOT FOOLIN ME, BROTHER!

Some of you fuggers on here like to pretend you're all manly and immune to feeling a little soft at times.....YOU'RE NOT FOOLIN ME, BROTHER!

325714[/snapback]

I don't think too many people will argue that, but c'mon, shedding tears over Hulk Hogan?