A Few Thoughts about the Colts game, in no particular order

Virgil

1 minute ago, hemma said:

The OP in the above thread went through each play and gave Ford an A- for the game.  

Even if he’s off by a bit, Cody may be getting it together.

I read that. 

And Joe B. and former OLman John Fina panned him. 

I think this is the PFF OL grades quandry where, without knowledge of the blocking assignments in the specific protection, it's hard to tell who is supposed to do what.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As far as Breida, I was just reading the article on Jon Feliciano in TBN and this struck me:

"There's plays, and then there's players that make plays work"

I don't see how you could have a clearer commentary that Breida is able to make some plays work that Singletary and Moss simply can't.

By extension and from other knowledgeable comments over these weeks, it seems our o-line is better at outside blocking than up-the-middle blocking.   And i'm pretty sure that the new rule change/emphasis on low-blocks on outside runs were supposed to strongly favor the offense running outside.  But since Moss and Motor cant run outside, we are forced to do the thing we are Not better at if we stick with Moss/Motor.  

Its like volunteering to play left-handed as they say.  Instead of waiting for the opponent to do it for us.

Hard.  Headed.  Coaching.  Part of coaching is not calling plays you know your team cannot execute.  Especially when there's an easy adjustment.

Edited by maddenboy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.