A look at the Bills defensive strategy agains the fish from the perspective of DL snap counts

maryland-bills-fan

We went light on DL numbers this past game and it looks like the plan was to stop the running game and have the fish try to win with their poor passing game.

DE

Hughes       62%

Addison      58%

Rousseau   45%

Espensea    41%              note that the these are very good at setting the edge

DT

Oliver     65%

Star        51%

Butler     43%

Philips    35%

Butler and Philips are beefier players and are better as gap setters.  Zimmer, Bashmam and Obada did not get a sniff of the field and are the more mobile QB chasers. Partly best players for the scheme were used, as well as giving some guys a 2 week break to get very healthy and fresh legs for the rest of the season.

Good management.  I wonder who gets next week off?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

We went light on DL numbers this past game and it looks like the plan was to stop the running game and have the fish try to win with their poor passing game.

DE

Hughes       62%

Addison      58%

Rousseau   45%

Espensea    41%              note that the these are very good at setting the edge

DT

Oliver     65%

Star        51%

Butler     43%

Philips    35%

Butler and Philips are beefier players and are better as gap setters.  Zimmer, Bashmam and Obada did not get a sniff of the field and are the more mobile QB chasers. Partly best players for the scheme were used, as well as giving some guys a 2 week break to get very healthy and fresh legs for the rest of the season.

Good management.  I wonder who gets next week off?

My guess is that Phillips and Butler sit.  Zimmer (if healthy) and Obada/Boogie get called up

30 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Zimmer was nicked up I believe.  On the Injury report most of the week.

Good to rest him against a team that we should beat without him. Trade deadline is Tuesday. I wonder if we move somebody for even a 6th round pick and put a CB on the active 40 or stash a good OG off of somebody's practice squad?

7 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Good to rest him against a team that we should beat without him. Trade deadline is Tuesday. I wonder if we move somebody for even a 6th round pick and put a CB on the active 40 or stash a good OG off of somebody's practice squad?

I think to poach a PS player, you have to put them on the active roster.  Are Russell Okung or Mitchell Schwartz worth a 10 game rental?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

I think to poach a PS player, you have to put them on the active roster.  Are Russell Okung or Mitchell Schwartz worth a 10 game rental?

Hell yes.  The G position is going to kill the O if they have to run Ford out there.  Frankly, he should be off the roster by EOD today and never come back.   There are street FAs that are better options.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.