Bills sign UB product OL Evin ksiezarcyk to PS

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Augie said:

That looks like a random name selected out of a Buffalo phone book. 

Sorry, does anyone else remember phone books?    

Old people are awesome 👍, oh, I remember, that and rotary phones, 😁

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Old people are awesome 👍, oh, I remember, that and rotary phones, 😁

I’ll put you to the test! Party lines? I just vaguely remember that back when the milk man used to deliver. 

You just called me OLD, and I didn’t argue. 

Ouch! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ll put you to the test! Party lines? I just vaguely remember that back when the milk man used to deliver. 

You just called me OLD, and I didn’t argue. 

Ouch! 

Oh yeah, the milk man with the canvas bag full of ice he left on top of the milk on hot summer days out on the front porch,

I have become resigned to being call sir by young people…, because I am old, 😂

On 10/25/2021 at 9:42 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Well not to be too much of  a spelling checker and a polish spelling checker to boot, but the pronunciation of ka-czar-check can not be in anyway correct in that there is no 'a' in the early spelling of ksiezarczyk to have a ka sound to begin it. If the pronunciation is given by the actual player then its just an English deviated pronunciation.  Polish is pronounced as it is spelled no off the wall silent letters like English has the silent e.   It's perfectly acceptable to use the posted ka-czar-check but only if it was stated to be that pronunciation by the actual player. 

The actual correct polish pronunciation would start with the k blending with the sie which is a polish word by itself.  Jak sie masz?  Sie is pronounced as che as in the word chef without the f. So kche-czar-check would be the proper Polish pronunciation not ka-czar-check.  

Barring hearing the ka-czar-check pronunciation from the players own lips that ka-czar-check is incorrect.  I will always use the correct Polish pronunciation over the anglicized versions of Polish names.  

Just needed to correct that claim for correct pronunciation as it cannot be, other than an anglicized version,  which is acceptable if offered up by the actual person with the surname in question.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.