pro football talk on henry (again)

For the third consecutive article, Florio contradicts himself. 

How one day can he write that Donahoe was hardballing Arizona because he had all these great offers in hand, and the next minute Donahoe is calling every team in the league desperate to unload Henry?

323574[/snapback]

but that's not what florio said. he initially said that arizona became embittered and backed off him because donohoe was publicly stating that lots of other teams were interested. florio never said that donohoe "had all those great offers in hand," as you say he did above. rather, here's his trajectory:

1. arizona backs off because they're sick of donohoe's public maneuvering

2. donohoe tries to get other teams to bite on the first day

3. the jig is up - no one bites

4. the bills start pursuing anthony thomas, with the real possibility that they'll cut henry when it's all said and done.

I am not saying this is an accurate representation of events - i'm just saying that the internal logic of florio's narrative is not contradictory.

Please don't use logic in the same sentence with Florio, unless there's an "il" in front of it. 0:)

323811[/snapback]

i get why people don't like him, but in this instance, isn't he really saying the obvious? that the trade market for henry isn't very good? that TH has A LOT of issues? that the bills brought in anthony thomas to be a backup to mcgahee? i mean, let's put 2 and 2 together!

i get why people don't like him, but in this instance, isn't he really saying the obvious? that the trade market for henry isn't very good? that TH has A LOT of issues? that the bills brought in anthony thomas to be a backup to mcgahee? i mean, let's put 2 and 2 together!

323816[/snapback]

I know. I was just busting on Florio's dream of someday joining the cast of the "Best Damn Sports Show"...

323816[/snapback]

Exactly. Just another case of the usual people getting all bent out of shape over nothing. 0:) God forbid Florio ever say that Buffalo sucks in the wintertime. ;)

Exactly. Just another case of the usual people getting all bent out of shape over nothing.  0:) God forbid Florio ever say that Buffalo sucks in the wintertime. ;)

323850[/snapback]

ha! if he said that, i can only imagine the fury that would follow on this board.

Henry a no-show...no surprise

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8429442

323594[/snapback]

Henry's a malcontent and a stupid one, at that.

His 'holdout' may qualify as the most stupid contract move ever by an NFL player.

I'm not for giving him his release. Let him rot in Orlando. Better yet, fine him the maximum for every day out so when he does come crawling back he works for nothing.

He wouldn't be a cancer in the locker room because he'd dress in a separate room if I were coach.

"You can still get Shaun Alexander if you want."  Yeah, if you want another malcontent who will demand to be paid AT LEAST double what Travis Henry will.

Florio's a blowhard.

323389[/snapback]

He may well be a blowhard, but I believe the following.....

>>>>The Bills risk reducing their leverage even further by flirting with former Bears running back Anthony Thomas, who visited Buffalo on Thursday. If they should sign Thomas, the ultimate fate of Henry would seem to be an outright release.<<<<

This is pretty tough to argue with, wouldn't you say?

He may well be a blowhard, but I believe the following.....

>>>>The Bills risk reducing their leverage even further by flirting with former Bears running back Anthony Thomas, who visited Buffalo on Thursday. If they should sign Thomas, the ultimate fate of Henry would seem to be an outright release.<<<<

This is pretty tough to argue with, wouldn't you say?

324078[/snapback]

You throw enough sh-- at a wall, some of it sticks. ICE was right once in awhile too, doesn't change the fact he was the DEFINITION of blowhard.

LJ Shelton will most likely be released by the Cards, and it looks like he won't have many suitors, least of all the Bills. What will people, namely that dope Florio, say about the Bills not trading Travis THEN? As I've said, switching 2nd rounders was equivalent to a high 4th round pick, and in a weak draft like that, it wasn't worth it. I say good for TD holding-onto Travis and waiting for a better opportunity to come along. If it doesn't, oh well. Travis will have effectively killed his career and his chance at a big payday.

LJ Shelton will most likely be released by the Cards, and it looks like he won't have many suitors, least of all the Bills.  What will people, namely that dope Florio, say about the Bills not trading Travis THEN?  As I've said, switching 2nd rounders was equivalent to a high 4th round pick, and in a weak draft like that, it wasn't worth it.  I say good for TD holding-onto Travis and waiting for a better opportunity to come along.  If it doesn't, oh well.  Travis will have effectively killed his career and his chance at a big payday.

324135[/snapback]

it would truly be ironic if they were both released, with th then signed by the cards and shelton by the bills. as for shelton, if he is released, i would suspect he'd have a lot of suitors willing to pay $750K for reserve/starting nfl tackle rather than $3 mill.

it would truly be ironic if they were both released, with th then signed by the cards and shelton by the bills.  as for shelton, if he is released, i would suspect he'd have a lot of suitors willing to pay $750K for reserve/starting nfl tackle rather than $3 mill.

324156[/snapback]

If both TH and LJS get released and signed by Zona and Buff respectively.

Then are their contracts null and void and subject to whatever contracts they can get? ( I am never too good on the money/cap stuff)