Unsung hero : Leslie Frazier

Buffalo716

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Think about it this way.... which team put out the blueprint on defending Lamar and the Ravens? 

And then which team put out the blueprint for defending Mahomes and the Chiefs (even if last year they couldn't quite execute their own plan for various reasons)?

Yea. Leslie Frazier is good.

GB, thank you for reminding us we had the blueprint on Baltimore.  People may remember we lost 24-17 in 2019, but that was Lamar’s worst performance that year, and other teams started copycatting Frasier’s blueprint.  Obviously it worked perfectly in the divisional round of the playoffs.

We are da.n lucky we have two very experienced coordinators who have built continuity and ingenuity stretching the playbook of both sides of the ball over several years.  We’re going to do nothing but improve throughout this season.  This Tampa game is the next monster game for us.  By then we could be looking at two 10-2 to 11-1 teams in a 4 pm showdown in Tampa.

Ill be there with my entire family.  It’s going to be 30-35% Bills fans there.  Tampans love the Bucs, but this is a great destination for Bills fans.  The weather is absolute heaven this time of the year.

If you have a few extra bucks in the bank.  Come down.  It’s going to be a blast.

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

GB, thank you for reminding us we had the blueprint on Baltimore.  People may remember we lost 24-17 in 2019, but that was Lamar’s worst performance that year, and other teams started copycatting Frasier’s blueprint.  Obviously it worked perfectly in the divisional round of the playoffs.

We are da.n lucky we have two very experienced coordinators who have built continuity and ingenuity stretching the playbook of both sides of the ball over several years.  We’re going to do nothing but improve throughout this season.  This Tampa game is the next monster game for us.  By then we could be looking at two 10-2 to 11-1 teams in a 4 pm showdown in Tampa.

Ill be there with my entire family.  It’s going to be 30-35% Bills fans there.  Tampans love the Bucs, but this is a great destination for Bills fans.  The weather is absolute heaven this time of the year.

If you have a few extra bucks in the bank.  Come down.  It’s going to be a blast.

Gunner lives in England

That's a pretty expensive trip

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think that combination of factors allowed us to run what was fundamentally the week 6 of 2020 plan but execute it much better to the point where it didn't look "passive" in the way it was criticised for looking last year. 

Also our offense actually moved the ball. That made it even harder for the Chiefs offense to stay patient. If you transplant last year's week 6 defense into this game we still win IMO, it just would have been closer. The blueprint to beating the Chiefs is force their offense to be patient while giving them every reason not to be.

Edited by HappyDays

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Also our offense actually moved the ball. That made it even harder for the Chiefs offense to stay patient. If you transplant last year's week 6 defense into this game we still win IMO, it just would have been closer. The blueprint to beating the Chiefs is force their offense to be patient while giving them every reason not to be.

That is a fair point, although I am not sure I share your belief that the 2020 defense wins this game. That third quarter when the O stalled the defense held itself together extremely impressively. But you are not wrong to say our offense scoring (and I say scoring rather than moving the ball, because actually we didn't move it that much and sustain drives until the 4th quarter... what we did was score quickly) put the pressure on Kansas City to match and made it harder for them to stay patient and run the ball etc. 

22 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

There has been an assumption that the Bills will lose Dabol this year to a HC’ing job.  If I was an owner, I would look much harder at Frazier. I certainly hope he is in Buffalo to stay. At the same time the guy has been brilliant.

The reason I am sure Leslie will stay is that 62 year old, retread, defensive coaches are rarely the hot prospects in coaching searches. He has had two interviews since he has been our DC and both in unusual circumstances. 

The first was in Indy when McDaniels bailed at the last minute and the second was Houston this year where they were in complete meltdown and struggling to attract candidates. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.