Aaron Rogers SC comments

No agenda.  Let's wait until they are all on the field.  No reason to make sh-- up just to feel better about the Losman pick , is all I said. 

As far as it goes, I hope he is wrong.  I really do.  I am a Bills fan first and foremost, above everything else. 

But he sure the !@#$ was right on Travis wasn't he?

323185[/snapback]

i think my point is that the original starter of this thread saw a comment and found it unusual for a rookie to say something like that. others quickly responded that the comment was made in jest. if i'm naive, so be it, but i don't believe that anything was "made up" or that a player was being torn down to make the losman pick look better.

i think my point is that the original starter of this thread saw a comment and found it unusual for a rookie to say something like that.  others quickly responded that the comment was made in jest.  if i'm naive, so be it, but i don't believe that anything was "made up" or that a player was being torn down to make the losman pick look better.

323265[/snapback]

Yeah, i don't really see how that got into this thread. It wasn't brought up to promote losman... just what the original poster thought was an inappropriate comment by a rook. Would it have mattered if a Jerry Porter said the same thing about Jerry Rice not reporting to camp (simply a hypothetical)?

No, I don't think he was.

I meant I believe Aaron Rodgers was kidding with his comment. He had to have been kidding, because otherwise it would make him the biggest ahole in the world.

As for Rodgers falling to #24 because no team from 2-23 needed a QB, that's simply wrong! Assuming Rodgers is a "franchise-type QB," there were at least 5 teams who needed one of those, but instead opted for another position. Generally NO team bypasses a "franchise-type QB" when given the chance, much less several. There were simply a lot of concerns regarding Rodgers. But again, on-the-field will be where everything is proven, not mock drafts.

No agenda.  Let's wait until they are all on the field.  No reason to make sh-- up just to feel better about the Losman pick , is all I said. 

As far as it goes, I hope he is wrong.  I really do.  I am a Bills fan first and foremost, above everything else. 

But he sure the !@#$ was right on Travis wasn't he?

323185[/snapback]

what did he say re henry?

This thread is a good lesson in reporting and reading. When I first read it, and the poster said/reported that Rogers responded with "Lazy", I immediately thought, "Man, that was dumb, what the hell was he thinking?" Then a couple responses down when I read the report was actually "(smiling) Lazy... No, I'm just kidding... He deserves it", I immediately thought, "Man, that was absolutely nothing, he has a sense of humor. No problem at all".

Personally, I don't see a problem with what Rodgers said... and I'm sure Favre wouldn't either. The point is that Rodgers knows that the LAST thing anyone could ever say about Favre is that he is lazy. It would be like calling Cal Ripkin lazy. His attempt at humor was probably his way of dealing with a rather stupid question from a reporter.