Who would you like as Buffalo's #3 QB?

Who would you like as Buffalo's #3 QB?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as Buffalo's #3 QB?

• Shane Matthews
    • Tory Woodbury
    • Kevin Thompson
    • Other (Please explain who)

Word going around on nfl.com is that Shane Matthews has resigned, but still needs to be talked into staying around past training camp.

Given this situation, who would you like to see as our #3 QB?

I for one would like to see Tory Woodbury given a shot at it. He's a guy who could also play WR and Special Teams. He was an interesting project for the Jets. I also think it's due time that an african-american QB land a spot on the Bills roster.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Give you a break?

I am simply pointing out Buffalo has never had a black QB on their team (at least that I know of). What's wrong with that?

323029[/snapback]

Well then, that begs the question: Is Woodbury the best available black quarterback?

Well then, that begs the question: Is Woodbury the best available black quarterback?

323034[/snapback]

I don't know. But he's definitely the best one on the Bills roster lol

Seriously though, I didn't think that one comment would be as big as it has been made out to be. Race aside, with Shane being constantly unsure and constantly saying he wants to retire; i'd like someone else at the #3 QB position.

I like that Woodbury is on the team and can also play WR and Special Teams. I think he'd be a good fit at #3.

323011[/snapback]

I think every effort should be made to bring Shane back. I've read articles where Wyche and JP have both credited him with helping JP along. It sounds like they got along very well, and it sounds like Shane had JP's ear from the get-go.

I don't know. But he's definitely the best one on the Bills roster lol

323035[/snapback]

I gotta give you that one. I agree with Campy that Matthews should be the priority, it just sucks that it seems that his heart just isn't in it. I'm stoked about the Holcomb signing and think that was TD's best offseason move. Hopefully the Bills won't need a #3, but there's no telling what can happen when you have starting QB that can run the ball.

If we need an African American QB, tell the Eagles to send us McNabb or the Vikings to send us Culpepper. I'd trade JP for either one. But to suggest Woodbury make the team because of the color of his skin is absurd.

For the record the Bills were one of the 1st teams ever to have an African American QB. He played with the Bills from 1969-1971 and had some good years with the LA Rams. His name is James Harris, he is now VP of player personnel in Jacksonville.

We also had Willie Totten on the strike team.

Word going around on nfl.com is that Shane Matthews has resigned, but still needs to be talked into staying around past training camp.

I for one would like to see Tory Woodbury given a shot at it. He's a guy who could also play WR and Special Teams. He was an interesting project for the Jets. I also think it's due time that an african-american QB land a spot on the Bills roster.

323011[/snapback]

From everything I've heard I think that Kevin Thompson deserves a shot at #3. He is doing quite well in NFLE, I say give him a chance!

Cannon for an arm, no touch what so ever.   :(

Overall not a very good QB, but I did watch him in a couple games, can't remember if it was regular or pre-season.

323192[/snapback]

I believe at the time he was the only black QB in the league... had a better career after Buffalo... paved the way for future QB... Moon