MNF: Eagles at Cowboys

YoloinOhio

Tuesday morning reflections:

- Dallas is the best team in the NFC East. I remain of the view that had Dak not got hurt they'd have ended up winning this division last year and in a bad division they are clearly the class team;

- Zeke had his best game of the year but I still felt the Cowboys offense rolled best when it used a healthy dose of Tony Pollard;

- Remember last year when everyone was convinced the Dallas defense sucked? I said then it was a coaching issue. There is enough talent there to make plays. Dan Quinn is a huge upgrade on Mike Nolan at Defensive Coordinator. Nolan is just another of those guys who was trying to run the outdated Baltimore 2000 defense. Analogue in a digital age, see also Ryan, Rex;

- I only watched the condensed game version so apologies if I missed him getting hurt but why the hell did Philly only run Miles Sanders twice? He is their best player on offense. Bizarre;

- Other than their lines, defensive line especially, this is not a great Eagles roster but I do like the fact that they are not babying Jalen Hurts. They are saying to him "go and run a modern NFL passing offense". It likely sets him up to fail but better find out truly what you have in year 1 of a new regime than trying to small ball your way to around .500 and then convincing yourself next spring that he could still be the guy;