New stadium will have PSLs for season ticket holders

Albany,n.y.

The following is a cut and paste from two prior posts that no one responded to, I REALLY am interested in discussion with local fans as to their feelings. I'm not looking for a "they won't leave" or "yes they will" kind of responses, just looking for what the local "level of pain" the fans are willing to endure to keep the team.

All of this talk has me wondering what everybody's thoughts are in supporting a new stadium. Some discussion points as I see them are:

1) The elephant in the room is city/county/state support. I understand peoples reluctance in supporting a stadium with taxpayers money, but the fact of the matter is there are locations out there who would be willing to give at least SOME level of support to a stadium, how do you feel 0% - 100% government support or something in between?

2) Ticket prices. According to my research, the Bills currently have the lowest average ticket price @ $74.95 with the NFL average @ $104.73 and the highest for the LV Raiders @ $153.47. What level of a ticket price would you support, up to the NFL average, up to Raider levels, somewhere in between?

3) PSLs. Personally, I find the mere concept of PSLs distasteful, but the fact of the matter is over half of the NFL charge them to help finance their stadium, how much would you think someone should pay for the "right" to buy a season ticket?

Since I don't live in western N.Y. anymore I don't feel like I have a dog in this fight, but here are my thoughts anyway.

1) I left N.Y. many years ago, and haven't returned to live for a number of reasons, taxes being one of them. With that being said, I don't really care if the city/county/state pick up 100% of the tab, however I AM sensitive that there are a number of better areas that tax dollars can and should be spent. However, I am sure that there are a few cities willing to support at least a portion of a new stadium, St Louis and maybe San Diego or Oakland ... and maybe there are one or two out there hiding in the wood work.

2) As I said in item one, I don't live in the area and fly in for a game or two per season. When piled on to airfare, hotel, and food costs, raising ticket prices to even the Raider level would only be a "background noise level" of added expense. I would still be flying in for a game or two per season.

3) Once again, I'll never be a season ticket holder so even though I cringe at the thought of PSLs, I really don't care.

I'm really interested in the western N.Y. Bills fans feelings on the topic, it's just too easy for us expats to spend the locals money. 

I don't want to beat a dead horse ... but ... exactly what ARE the thoughts of you local fans???

Edited by Gen2

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

If this is the help support paying for the stadium, does that mean the PSL goes away after it’s built and tickets become available again? 😛

If you’re going to feed me BS, don’t tell me it’s candy 

No Virg, the PSLs don't go away (or at least that's the plan). The current plan is that from day 1, if you want to buy a season ticket, you will be also buying a PSL either from the Bills or from a Bills fan about to give up his or her ticket. Once you purchase a PSL it is yours until you want to stop using it (there will not be recurring PSL costs once you own one). The exceptions will be if you "hand down" your season tickets to someone, you can also elect to gift them your PSL. If you just decide to NOT renew your season tickets, the PSL will revert back to the Bills (to be resold to the next season ticket buyer). The claim is that you will be able to sell your right to buy seasons (PSL) at a premium but let's be serious, who in their right mind would pay over "face price" for a PSL when the Bills will most likely have PSLs that were "forfeited"  on hand to sell at face price.

12 minutes ago, Gen2 said:

The claim is that you will be able to sell your right to buy seasons (PSL) at a premium but let's be serious, who in their right mind would pay over "face price" for a PSL when the Bills will most likely have PSLs that were "forfeited"  on hand to sell at face price.

While you cannot count on it there are fans who do this.  Instead of sitting on a waiting list from the club for season tickets you can "jump"

over the waiting list by buying a PSL from a fan wanting to give them up.

Edited by ColoradoBills

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

While you cannot count on it there are fans who do this.  Instead of sitting on a waiting list from the club for season tickets you can "jump"

over the waiting list by buying a PSL from a fan wanting to give them up.

I guess that could be true, I didn't think of the waiting list jumping aspect. 

• Thank you (+1) 1