Things Matt Millen said today without context (not that it would help)

8 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I know the rules and the game, but I like a color commentator who explains the nuances that only an insider might know - that's the point of having an ex-player or ex-coach in that role. With that said, someone who can make me laugh is cool too. I always found Madden to be good blend of analyst and entertainer.

True, but that only happens a couple of times a game if that.  I agree when Madden got his job he was the King.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I know the rules and the game, but I like a color commentator who explains the nuances that only an insider might know - that's the point of having an ex-player or ex-coach in that role. With that said, someone who can make me laugh is cool too. I always found Madden to be good blend of analyst and entertainer.

I hear what you are saying, but unless it's someone like Romo, we typically get someone who is only an expert in their own mind, and I think we've all heard "expert" color commentary that was neither informative nor entertaining. I guess the point is, I'd rather have Millen than a Solomon Wilcots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1