Do we need to be quiet at home when the Bills are on offense? (Similar to Manning on the Colts)

Ramza86

On 9/13/2021 at 11:20 AM, Ramza86 said:

I remember watching Colts games and when Peyton Manning was on the field the crowd would get almost silent. 

Peyton would always sush the fans when he was on offense. Eventually they listened.

We saw without crowds how Allen played. We might have to shut our traps from now on. lol

It would be easier to be quiet at home when Bills were on offense if Bills did not sell the tickets to scalper travel agencies to make additional money resulting a lot more opposing fans.  Bills USED TO sell those tickets to Buffalo Bills Backers groups.

Interesting note: They limit season ticket sales to certain zip codes to fans but not agencies.  When we get new stadium they will likely be selling majority of tickets.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:20 AM, Ramza86 said:

I remember watching Colts games and when Peyton Manning was on the field the crowd would get almost silent. 

Peyton would always sush the fans when he was on offense. Eventually they listened.

We saw without crowds how Allen played. We might have to shut our traps from now on. lol

If you watch for it, you will see Allen doing the "calm down" gesture with both arms to the fans all the time.

And sure, every home crowd should be quiet when their O is on the field.

Bills fans are indisputably bad at this.

I was at the game Sunday, and holy ***** was it loud on some of the Bills' offensive drives. It got ESPECIALLY loud any time it was 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1. 

I truly think that a lot of fans just don't understand this very basic concept. The Bills would be well served to film some sort of video or graphic to display on the jumbo screen in the stadium asking for quiet.

When I was at the Texans playoff game in 2019, I seem to remember their stadium cuing the fans to be quiet when they were on offense. Highmark Stadium does have graphics imploring the fans to be loud on 3rd down, but it does NOT have anything imploring the fans to be quite when the Bills are on offense. For that matter, I would say Bills fans need to do a better job of being loud on ALL THREE DOWNS when the Bills are on defense. They shouldn't JUST get loud on 3rd down.

For a fan base that is universally recognized as being great, Bills fans could use some lessons on how to help the team when they attend a game.

• Agree 1

Yes, be quiet when the offense is operating and cheer after the play but before the huddle/next play call. 

Unless you're a moron Steelers fan like the ones near me that tried to yell over Bills fans and encourage their offense on 3rd downs.  Thank you for your service, Yinzers.

On 9/13/2021 at 12:09 PM, ProcessYaDigg said:

He made the gesture after the opening kickoff return.

He sure did. All tensed up, right away as he got on the field. Yet it was after a HUGE special teams return on the opening kick off of season opener, before the first full packed home crowd in over a year! I mean, give the fans a few seconds!

Chill out, Josh. And I mean it. He plays much better when having fun. IDK if it's because of the crowd, the new contract, opening day, or just a bad game, but he was super tense all game long. I hope Diggs and some other key players can loosen him up if it happens again. A chill Josh is a much more dangerous Josh ha ha

As for the original question, I think for the most part the crowd is very good at not upsetting the offense. Non-issue IMO. Peyton took it to an extreme.

• Like (+1) 1