Do we need to be quiet at home when the Bills are on offense? (Similar to Manning on the Colts)

Ramza86

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I just think our o-line got manhandled, their secondary were all over our WR's, and the play calling left a lot to be desired.  Could be crowd noise though.

Yes all those things.  But the biggest kick in the nut sack from yesterday was the Bills led in almost every statistical category.  First downs, number of plays, passing and rushing yards, time of possession but lost the game because of critical penalties and the blocked punt. 

2 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Inarguably, yes.

I have also noticed our fans struggle sometimes knowing when to be loud. It’s great being loud when the opposing O is at the line about to run a play, but sometimes that’s when fans start yelling. Should be yelling while they are in the huddle, too! 

I've been trying to tell people this for years. Usually get stupid looks and they wait until they get to the line and start yelling 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I remember watching Colts games and when Peyton Manning was on the field the crowd would get almost silent. 

Peyton would always sush the fans when he was on offense. Eventually they listened.

We saw without crowds how Allen played. We might have to shut our traps from now on. lol

Of course we do.  Back in the Superbowl days it would get quiet as a church when the Bills had the ball.

Well, a relatively noisy church, but you get the idea.

55 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

I suspect we'll see a better Josh against the Fins next week....

Uncoincidentally, it'll be on the road without the pressure of playing in front of the home fans.

44 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

He is clearly too hyped. It impacts not only his throwing ability (air mailing balls that should be TDs to Sanders yesterday), but also his decision making (not completing progressions and not noticing open WRs).  The solution is twofold: quiet on offense, and Josh perhaps see a sports psychologist to calm down.  

Great post.

52 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think its more than that with Allen.  During the 2019 season when fans were in attendance I thought he played better and was more in control of his game on the road (6-2) than at home (4-4).  I think Josh just tries too hard to return the support and for lack of a better word the "love" the fans show him and his Bills teammates at home.  Playing at Wyoming I don't expect he ever experienced an environment like a Bills home game before turning pro so it might still be a bit overwhelming for him.  But I expect with some awareness and a little more experience and maturity he'll settle down. 

Great post.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yes all those things.  But the biggest kick in the nut sack from yesterday was the Bills led in almost every statistical category.  First downs, number of plays, passing and rushing yards, time of possession but lost the game because of critical penalties and the blocked punt. 

Plus Allen's fumble and that weird 4th and 1 play.  We beat ourselves.

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

It was pretty quiet when we had the ball.  Crowd noise was not an issue 

agree.  Especially compared to the deafening noise when the Steelers had the ball!!!  

When we were on offense, there was usually kind of a general murmur, but definitely nothing that would have any deleterious effects.

9 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I remember watching Colts games and when Peyton Manning was on the field the crowd would get almost silent. 

Peyton would always sush the fans when he was on offense. Eventually they listened.

We saw without crowds how Allen played. We might have to shut our traps from now on. lol

first time GIF

7 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

My wife and I were talking about this.

Josh played great last year when stadiums were empty.

He listens to Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Junior before games, rather than music that pumps him up.

Maybe when he gets too amped up, he plays poorly.  So maybe the best thing for him is peace and calm.  

I think everyone in the stadium should do a silent, joint meditation when the Bills are on offense.  

I brought this up a lot after the season and most people thought I was crazy. Hopefully I am crazy and it's not an issue, but there it seems logical an empty stadium would make a lot of things easier....

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

Idiot fans in my section wouldn't stop getting after me for saying to be QUIET while we were on offense. It really is just a get drunk and act stupid atmosphere. 

There is always some botard 20 something superfan wannabe who thinks it is more important and way cooler for his voice to be heard screaming while the Bills are on offense.    "Look at me" syndrome is very strong for some.     Like the midget who dresses up like a Leprechaun at the Notre Dame games. 😆   Fans should chuck him around the stands like a beach ball.🤪

• Haha (+1) 3

I’m definitely concerned about Josh and he needs to find a way to calm himself down because Bills mafia will be showing up for every game. 

I promise, I have no reason to make this up, but was informed by a friend, whose father knows someone within the Bills organization that Josh was throwing up all game. Something was clearly wrong with him… whether nerves or illness, and it was kept quiet.  I have no link or proof of this, but I believe it. 

12 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I’m definitely concerned about Josh and he needs to find a way to calm himself down because Bills mafia will be showing up for every game. 

I promise, I have no reason to make this up, but was informed by a friend, whose father knows someone within the Bills organization that Josh was throwing up all game. Something was clearly wrong with him… whether nerves or illness, and it was kept quiet.  I have no link or proof of this, but I believe it. 

Are you from Dunkirk and/or do you know anyone from Dunkirk?

Do you know a guy by the name of Don who fishes for walleye in Lake Erie?

Do you have any inside knowledge on where the new stadium is going to be built?   Or should we just "follow the money"?

Edited by PolishDave

Just now, PolishDave said:

Are you from Dunkirk and/or do you know anyone from Dunkirk?

Do you know a guy by the name of Don who fishes for walleye in Lake Erie?

Just sharing what I heard from someone I believe to be reliable. Believe it or don’t.  Josh was struggling. Maybe there was more behind it. Maybe not.