Suggested member rank icons

SDS

1 hour ago, SDS said:

Those are nice. Thank you for the effort. My only hesitation is that it’s not really clear that one logo ranks higher than the rest. I almost think it has to be the same logo with additional stars or rings or something like that. 

Understood - thanks for the feedback!  I can definitely create some that go more in that direction.  Will shoot to post another icon set tonight.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I think color would be easiest. Same logo, but different color.

Yes and no.  Color differences may be simpler but might not be as easy to identify which is higher for quick visual ID without having to hover for the details.  Not sure running thru the whole rainbow of colors will inherently do that, and with 8 levels it'll get confusing fast I think.

I'm thinking maybe color groupings and then some other kind of small indicator - that way only four (maybe 5) color sets which will be MUCH easier to distinguish.

Really appreciate the real feedback for sure!!  Will keep these thoughts in mind and see if I can bang out a couple options tonight to see if that idea might work or not.

10 minutes ago, SDS said:

It doesn’t have to be 8 levels either. I’m not tied to decisions I made 15 years ago.

got to go… My wife is calling.

Tell her you're busy with Bills.  Works for me...  sometimes...  ok, never!

Yeah, if fewer levels are a possible thing that would certainly help.  Maybe some of the early ones could go bye bye?  Anyway, I'll see how 6 levels works too.

18 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Tell her you're busy with Bills.  Works for me...  sometimes...  ok, never!

Yeah, if fewer levels are a possible thing that would certainly help.  Maybe some of the early ones could go bye bye?  Anyway, I'll see how 6 levels works too.

It was a joke about decisions long ago.

10 hours ago, SDS said:

Those are nice. Thank you for the effort. My only hesitation is that it’s not really clear that one logo ranks higher than the rest. I almost think it has to be the same logo with additional stars or rings or something like that. 

Here's a group of 7 with the ranking being more obvious.  Can't imagine it would be too hard to drop 1 rank, but also figure the HOF icon could stand alone being a bit different.

TBD-Rank-Icons-Draft-2.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Blainorama5 said:

Here's a group of 7 with the ranking being more obvious.  Can't imagine it would be too hard to drop 1 rank, but also figure the HOF icon could stand alone being a bit different.

TBD-Rank-Icons-Draft-2.jpg

I like those!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1