Head Coach Sean McDermott Against Rookie QBs

JGMcD2

22 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Belichick

image.thumb.png.4901f7daad923fe2ce2bc3cd03b9e8b4.png

McDermott

image.png.403f70d3855fe975d184e8e9810a61b3.png

Well that is an interesting list and might make one evaluate the data differently. There are quite a few excellent QBs on BB list. Even Vince Young was good his rookie year. Roethlisberger not so much as guys like Wilson and Luck.

Outside of Herbert the McD list are all terrible and Herbert played well against Buffalo.  

I've never thought in the moment "oh wow McD is really messing with the rookie". That's not a criticism though. McD and Frazier have a consistent defensive game plan and I'd honestly prefer they use the surprises and wrinkles against the better QBs.

10 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah, that’s cool. 

This wasn’t really a Belichick thread or me trying to say McDermott is better… you seem kind of defensive?

The whole point was to disprove a claim that McDermott isn’t good against rookie QBs… so I compared him to the guy that first comes to mind when it comes to terrorizing rookie QBs. 

You’re correct. He lost to and beat Geno, Sanchez and Roethlisberger in their rookie seasons. Beat Russell Wilson and Colt McCoy a few years down the line. 

Belichick is yet to beat Tua Tagovailoa. 

Lol and all I asked was who did he lose to and I got bombarded. Lol. McD is a good coach it doesn’t shock me he does well against rookies.  I was just curious who he lost to.  Why compare someone been a HC 22 years record and a man been a HC 4 years?  Why not someone with the same amount of time or at least closer?

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol and all I asked was who did he lose to and I got bombarded. Lol. McD is a good coach it doesn’t shock me he does well against rookies.  I was just curious who he lost to.  Why compare someone been a HC 22 years record and a man been a HC 4 years?  Why not someone with the same amount of time or at least closer?

Where did you get bombarded? You asked a question and I answered it for you. Some other guy commented and was a little testy… bombarded seems like a stretch…

I’m not comparing just the record… I’m comparing a bunch of different things… did you read the original post? 

22 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think you missed the point… but that’s ok. 

The only point worth making is the Bills have the most veteran qb in the division. So that's good for Buffalo.

The point you might have missed, is that getting excited by win% v rookie qbs, is equivilent to getting excited over touchdown passes v the practice squad.

51 minutes ago, Jobot said:

The only point worth making is the Bills have the most veteran qb in the division. So that's good for Buffalo.

The point you might have missed, is that getting excited by win% v rookie qbs, is equivilent to getting excited over touchdown passes v the practice squad.

And again… you’ve missed the point. 

The main point wasn’t even W%… I listed 10 different stats. I don’t even talk about W% in the original post… it’s just included.

Someone made the comment McDermott isn’t good a against rookie QBs and I decided to look into that by comparing him to Belichick. Sorry you’re upset by that. 

On 9/1/2021 at 11:30 AM, JGMcD2 said:

Some comments were made suggesting that McDermott isn't actually good against rookie QBs... not that he doesn't ultimately win the game... but that he doesn't chew up and spit out rookie QBs like other defensive gurus.

I even make a point of saying that I’m not looking at whether they ultimately win the game… 

Edited by JGMcD2